PSP work with Mac?

Discussion in 'Games' started by minkis, Aug 28, 2005.

1. minkis macrumors regular

i am considering getting a psp but will it work with a mac, such as itunes and the downloadable software?

i have a powermac g5 with osx panther.

i also heard that they are coming out with a white psp this winter that is suppose to be any better. has anyone else heard about this?

2. Lopez.T.H. macrumors regular

Yup. Im a PC user. (for now!)And I have a PSP. And there are a few programs for mac that help sync your PSP with iTunes and stuff. You just need the US 2.0 update.

3. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

4. Lopez.T.H. macrumors regular

Yea PSPWare. Thats the one I was thinking of.

5. minkis thread starter macrumors regular

ok thansk a bunch. one question down one to go. anyone heard about this white psp? is it faster or anything special about it?

6. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

PSPs work just fine with Macs. They act as a regular removable drive when you hook them up. There is also software (iPSP and PSPware) that helps with managing photos, movies, music and saved game backups on them.

7. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

The white PSP has nothing special, just color difference, and might ship with firmware v2.0 or higher.

8. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

You don't need the 2.0 update for it to work with a Mac. I got my PSP the week they came out and it had 1.5 on it. I downloaded PSPware at the time and it has worked great since, through all the updates to the PSP and PSPware.

Yeah, the white PSP has nothing new for hardware, just a different exterior color. they won't come out with a new system yet, they are still just starting to develop for the PSP.

9. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

I also reccomend PSPware its fully worth paying the $10 or so for it, as it is really a great and essential piece of software if you want your PSP to seamlessly link with your Mac,

ShadOW

10. marknicholls macrumors 6502

I am thinking about getting a PSP to use as a MP3 player, photo viewer and web browser (i spend a lot of time in starbucks so can use the hotspots!!)

But i would like to know if when syncing my iTunes and iPhoto, can this be done wirelessly? or do i need to use a USB cable?

Many Thanks

11. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

You will need the usb cable, unless you have your iTunes or iPhoto libraries online.

12. marknicholls macrumors 6502

It must be Technically possible? It would be a great feature....a natural progression really....

13. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

I think there is an app that will do it, but I don't remember exactly.

14. marknicholls macrumors 6502

But it must be a simple software thing? If PSPWare can sync with a PSP and a mac via USB, then why cant it be programmed to do it via wireless instead?

At the very least the mac should be able to view the PSP as a network drive, then we can send files direct to the PSP? This may not be as good as syncing but it would be a start?

15. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

In that case, the PSP is the problem, it is not at all programmed to do that.

THe app I was thinking of only lets you do it at your house, so that probably is useless, still couldn't figure out where I saw the app though.

16. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

I use PSPware, it mounts the memory stick right to my desktop, and I can put all the files right onto it.

17. diddy macrumors 6502

You could always set your Mac up as a web server, and download your files with 2.0.