pst files MS Office 2004

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jwp1964, Mar 19, 2007.

1. jwp1964 macrumors regular

I just bought and installed MS Office for Mac...I have some pst files from work I would like to view/import into Entourage. I have not been able to figure it out. I copied the files from my work computer onto an external HD then copied them to my MB desktop...now getting very frustrated trying to open/use them. ANY IDEAS?:confused: :eek:

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

3. jwp1964 thread starter macrumors regular

4. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

You might also give this program called O2M a try. I used it to convert everything from Outlook to Entourage back when I switched to the Mac. It costs $10, but it worked perfectly for me and it only takes a few minutes to export everything from Outlook into a format that Entourage can handle.

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You are correct. PST Import Tool for Entourage 2004 for Mac does not work with Windows-created .pst files. It serves the sole purpose of migrating Outlook 2001 (for Mac) .pst files to Entourage 2004. Microsoft provides no mechanism to migrate Outlook:win .pst files to Entourage. This is another one of those things that so endears Microsoft to us.

6. jwp1964 thread starter macrumors regular

Yep, tried everything I could think of last night...no luck. My next move is MS support...that should be fun.

Thanks for the help everybody.

7. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

I don't think you get it. Microsoft provides no help for you in this circumstance. Contacting the Redmond Monopoly will be a waste of your time. Your only option is to follow Lancetx's advice: buy Little Machines's O2M.

8. nadyne macrumors 6502a

For information about how to transfer your Outlook files, check out the Entourage MVP website:
    http://www.entourage.mvps.org/cross_platform/win_mac.html

9. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

Little Machines Office2Mac is a great program.

It's only $10. Yes, that might seem expensive for a 1-time transfer, but it makes it so much easier (compared to other options I was able to find), for transferring everything from Outlook- email, contacts, datebook (I didn't need to transfer appointments but I think it does those too.)

You might be able to find some hacked together process involving migrating first to Thunderbird, then burning a DVD in Linux, then spreading pixie dust on it before importing into your Mac. But O2M really is as easy as their web site says.

The best thing was that I was able to maintain categories for contacts and folders for stored emails, by selectively importing batches of data.

10. Hot2Cold macrumors newbie

The O2M company has a trial version...try it and you'll see how easy it is.

11. numlock macrumors 68000

If you still have access to a windows machine and some time its not that difficult.

You have your mail in outlook and import it into thunderbird. Then you should be able to import thunderbirds mbox´s into mail.app

12. Chuckypool macrumors member

I tried all sorts of different methods, spent hours on google. The only thing I could get to work was O2M as the posters above mention. Wish I'd just paid the $10 and been done with it in the begining, instead of wasting hours of time.