psu for apple cinema display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by tylerboyo, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tylerboyo macrumors member

hi all, my friends studio is in search of 4 apple cinema displays, 23". i have been looking online from the states, and it seems id save considerabely more buying from there. now, what i ask, is, isit possible to buy a new psu for the monitor, the cable, from monitor to wall(plug). if so, does any1 have any links, or price guides. bare in mind im in the UK. cheers all.

2. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

If you can get someone to cart it over it's certainly cheaper, but if you're buying in the US and getting it posted to the UK, they'll hit you up for duty, VAT and a 'handling charge'.

The PSU on the ACD's purchased in the US will also work in the UK. All you'll need is the correct IEC cable, although a regular IEC kettle lead (5A fuse) should also work.

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

you'll still have to pay your taxes on them upon import, it'd just be easier to buy them there or buy a different brand.

4. tylerboyo thread starter macrumors member

well, a friend in the states is offering to send them over as gifts, and as "faulty" and marked down, so i dont get hit with duty fees. not to mention, if it goes well, could possibly start selling them over here also. does anyone have a link to the cable in question? thanks

5. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Mislabeling shipped items to avoid costs you would otherwise incur does not sound legal. MacRumors should not be used to get help with this plan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.