PSX Emulation

Discussion in 'Games' started by LoWiTUsA, Oct 11, 2004.

1. LoWiTUsA macrumors member

LoWiTUsA

I try to play FF7 on my ibook but I cannot make work both Flarestorm 2.0 or VGS 1.41 ?? Both display wrong cd-rom or not a playstation game with my original (yep !!!) FF7 CD1. How can I configure the cd-rom correctly with one or the other ???

Thx

2. applekid macrumors 68020

3. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

Now is this kind of emulation illegal? I mean you have the disc's to play it on. Mods, lemme know your response to it. I understand why SNES is and why PSX would be (if you downloaded ISO's), but if you have the CD's could you really consider it illegal... well they did have Bleem that emulated PSX and DC, sadly no DC games could ever be read with a regular CDROM, it has GS-CD encoding. Anyways, whats your take on PSX Emulation Mods?

4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Sony v Connectix and Sony v Bleem basically said that emualtion was legal as long as the emulation software did not contain any of the copyrighted code owned by the original hardware manufacturer.

By the way, what is you obsession with emulation? Is it just to push the mods over the edge?

5. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

No as a kid I remember playing all of these great games and that, but I can never find them anymore. Even at gameshops like EB or that (I think its called EB). Anyways, I looked towards emulation and I remember reading it was illegal and that, but I didn't know that it would be banned from a forum even though its only PARTIAL illegal... ok not partially, but mostly. So yeah I just wanna see how you guys feel about it towards the ethics behind it all. I didn't know that sony put in on the bleem and that. Quite the new facts I'm getting. I don't want to push the mods over the edge, but if I do and they ban my acct. I'll register for a new one and start the posts all over again. This is the only forum I've stuck with to be honest. Not even the programming forum has kept my interest like this. Thanks again everyone

6. applekid macrumors 68020

slooksterPSV, head over to Forums.Emuscene.Com. Just make sure to not ask for ROMs and any other legal activity. We'll gladly answer questions and chat.

7. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

Ok, some other time though... I'll stop with the emu on this forum, besides this is a mac forum. Emu only touches on to what programs are there that are out there for emulators.