Psychiatrist Compares Bush's Leadership To Domestic Abuse

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MACDRIVE, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Interesting comparison. I've been attempting to get Bush on the couch for a while now, but I haven't given as much thought to our reluctance to take him on, aside from our general feeling of powerlessness -- but that's been going on since the mid-'70s.

In the end it's another call for impeachment, and while the author provides a logical "how", the one "how" it doesn't address is how to get Congress to do it. If we (the citizens) are the abused wife, then Congress is the relative who knows about the abuse but is afraid to get involved.

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Sheesh, is it Festivus? That was one hell of an Airing of the Grievances.

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Its time for Divorce, I think the American people have filed the papers in the last election perhaps it will be finalized this next time around.

4. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

hm. that piece wasn't nearly as good as it should have been, imho.

5. Dale Sorel macrumors 6502a

Dale Sorel

Uh, the American people reelected Mr. Bush :rolleyes:

6. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I think he was referring to the elections for congress. If the Democrats do somehow manage to get Bush impeached then do you really think that Cheney would be any better?

7. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Congress is suppose to be more then just a bunch of fund raisers. Draft Dodgers Newt & Delay turned it into this. Perhaps if these flag waivers who never served were doing their job we wouldnt have the Iraq mess:rolleyes: Bush is a WMD on America's morals,values and reputation across this planet. We should hold Jr accountable for getting us in a needless war. 3,000 dead Americans for no WMds. Thats criminal.

8. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

The idea is to either (a) find enough evidence to impeach them both, or (b) failing that, remove Bush and put enough of the "fear of God" into Cheney that he doesn't overreach in the same way, or (c) at the absolute least, show that such abuse of authority will not be ignored.

In spite of the interests of national unity and political pressures, there is a compelling argument for not looking the other way and pretending that nothing wrong has been going on for the last six years.

9. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

All we have to do ask where is the evidence for WMDs before and after this war? Our CIA has a habit of playing people and getting in bed with the likes of Saddam,Osama, the Shaw the list never ends of bad guys we have supported through the years. Did our own Pentagon just play Bush & Cheney or did Bush & Cheney play everyone else. Thats what we should be asking.

10. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

Bush could eat a live baby for his State of the Union and not be impeached by the Democrats. Our best hope is that he lives out the rest of his days in infamy and maybe gets Pinochet-ed in 25 years.

11. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

That was 2 years ago. Guessing you missed the last election in '06. Didn't really go so well for him.

Congress is the wife, we are the kids caught in the middle.

12. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

Tried that with Clinton. Pelosi can push for impeachment all she wants. Unless both the House and Senate confirm, it means nothing. Of course Clinton was impeached for lying about an affair. Bush would be impeached for lying about the Iraq affair.