Psycho Falls From 5th Floor Window

Discussion in 'Community' started by Daveway, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

This story was on our local news recently. A sad story really.

2. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

that's really awful! why didn't they listen when they were warned? so much for their secure windows :rolleyes: she pried it open with a toothbrush?! a toothbrush?! (they mentioned a toothbrush but not what she used to jimmy the window) they need better windows, i couldn't even dislodge my own windows with a toothbrush, and this is a hospital. that's rubbish.
    that poor woman, i bet that hurts like a [beeeeeeeeeeep] i hate frivolous lawsuits but that hospital does sound partially liable, they did not listen after being warned and their windows clearly suck.

edit: haha, yeah "secure windows" just noticed those words being so unusually placed together ;)

3. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

I agree with iblue, this is tragic since they didn't listen and place someone on watch. of course as stated so much for the security of windows.

4. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Think of the heat that hospital and it's admins are being cooked w/. No wonder they "transferred" questions up to the University. Geeze. Talk about washing their hands of a horrible incident. :(

5. iGary Guest

iGary

Mental care facilities in this country are a joke...J-O-K-E.

This doesn't surprise me, but it really is a shame.

I used to work with depressed gay teens at a hospital in Baltimore, and the ones in lockdown had to endure watching people going through drug withdrawal, schizophrenics, people who cut themselves up - and they would put these kids into group with the other people. What is a schizophrenic going to share that is helpful to a depressed kid who tried to kill himself?

</rant>

6. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

totally agree... i guess the only benefit of seeing that as a depressed teen is realizing "things could always be worse" - schizophrenia looks like a nightmare, i am fairly strong stomached towards things of this nature but being in a room with a severely paranoid schizophrenic scared me half out of my own mind. there was no possible way for me to relate to them, they were out of control and i was freaked out.
    mental health (i use the term lightly) facilities should be ashamed of themselves, there really has to be a better way.
    there really is no easy way to be crazy...