psycho login menu

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by scootermafia, Apr 17, 2006.

1. scootermafia macrumors member

Jan 10, 2005
    I posted a thread about my powerbook which has gone haywire. To ensure it was a hardware issue, I installed Jaguar on my firewire external. It installed fine then booted up. The password reset utility shows no passwords or users installed, but when I start up this new install of OSX it says "other" for the username, and when I try to login or try various passwords the window just vibrates and resets the field for me to try again. Any ideas?
  2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

Apr 29, 2005
    San Francisco
    So there is another thread about your problem?
    What is going on? I don't get it?

Sounds like some software is messed up. You didn't change the name of you user folder did you?
  3. T-Stex macrumors 6502

Jan 15, 2006
    I'm not completely sure about the specifics of your problem, but if you've got another Mac around you could try booting your PowerBook into target disk mode, getting anything off it that you might need, and wiping the drive and reinstalling OS X on it then. After that, if it's still exhibiting the problems, you might have to see what the Apple Geniuses say. I'm not sure if that helps at all, as I'm not sure about the specific problem, or what you've tried thus far.