Psychological Analysis based on Hard Disk Description?

Discussion in 'Community' started by stoid, Apr 24, 2004.

1. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Ok, so the common idea in psychology is that if a person says that a glass it "Half empty" they are a pessimist and if they say that a glass is "Half full" they are an optimist. How does this apply to available hard disk space? Would an optimist more likely comment that they have actually managed to used half of their hard drive, or would they be more likely to rejoice that they still have half of their hard drive space left empty for further use?

2. adt macrumors member

3. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

LOL.. although that analogy (glass empty or full) isn't a good test. It is more about if you see the glass being half empty/full as being a good or bad thing.

4. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

exactly. if the glass is full of spiders, and you have to eat them, the glass half empty is a good thing. and what if its milk, and you HATE milk? same thing.

5. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

well personally i relish my 38 free gigs, just knowing they're there, but i'm not exactly critical of the 34 gigs used... i did go through and pare down about 15 gigs of crap a few months ago, which did make me feel better... maybe it just appeased my OCD :D

paul

6. kettle macrumors 65816

kettle

What about people who think that - not only is the glass half empty, but they've actually drunk less than half of the glass because the glass wasn't actually all the way to the top. A bit like a 120 GB only formatting as 110 GB. hmm. poo. :)

7. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

those are the sorts that feel the whole world is out to get them. good thing they realize it, because it's true. ;)

8. Dros macrumors 6502

I am glad my hard drive is nearly full but sad that it is heavily fragmented. Does that make me bipolar? ;)

9. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

When I'm flling up a glass it's half full.
    When I'm drinking from a glass it's half empty.
    When I fill up my HD it's "oh **** my HD is full"
    When my HD is empty it's "oh **** all my s*** is gone! :mad: