Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whocares

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
:noitаɔo˩
tobefirst said:
Sadly, not any longer. A lot of places are afraid to say anything more than answering the "Would you hire this person again?" question. Anything more than that could be grounds for a lawsuit from the applicant. At least, that's often the perception.

That's why the interviewee should not be able to see his/her reference. Psychometric tests are a load of bull****. The interviewee should spend some time with his/her future colleagues to see if they get on together.

And a referee can always refuse to give a reference...

patrick0brien

macrumors 68040
Oct 24, 2002
The West Loop
floyde said:
You were right! I got the job!!!:eek: :)

**Dances stupid touchdown dance**

Although it could've been that I did so well in the actual interview that they had to overlook my test results...

-floyde

Taking a psychometric test, $0
Opening a thread on MacRumors, $0
Getting the job despite your fears, Priceless Yeeeeaah Baby!

mcarnes

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2004
USA! USA!
Being an employer is not easy either. In fact it's a real PITA. I'm trying to find a competent billing person right now. Basically, the only thing I'm looking for is someone I won't have to fire later. Don't know if that helps you or not (probably not). But that's the whole point of the interview process for me. Will this person stay at this job, and how much maintenance are they going to be?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.