Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JGowan

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2003
Mineola TX
I am curious if performance will be enhanced or will it cause additional lag. I'm currently on a 4S.

Thanks.

Last edited:

rette

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2013
No Slo-Mo for my iPhone 5, why?

Why did they not include Slo-Mo Video for iPhone 5? Don't think its a hardware issue for blocking this feature. Slo-Mo at 60fps worked fine with apps such as SloPro on pre-iOS 6 with iPhone4S. Why make this 5S only?

minkeycat

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2013
UK
Let's be honest, no NFC (to pair with my new Sony NEX), no waterproofing, no wireless charging, no ability to add SD memory or change the battery, same old scratching case and worst of all, same old tidly screen (when most of the market has gone to at least 4.7"). I like the fingerprint sensor and I'll hold reservations on IOS 7, but from a hardware point of view, a failed opportunity to deliver a WOW (a sort of HTC One / Galaxy Note 2 kinda wow!)

swm

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2013
64bit?

yeah, sure, 100% more bits, or so.
but why? will there be any device in the near future w/ 4Gig or more RAM?

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
I'm not even going to update my iPod Touch.

Um, thanks for letting us all know.

yeah, sure, 100% more bits, or so.
but why? will there be any device in the near future w/ 4Gig or more RAM?

It's not just bigger memory addressing, you also get a wider datapath. Certain kinds of 64-bit applications, such as video encoding/decoding, will actually run faster just being 64-bit.

GuitarDTO

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2011
The timing of this is working out well for me. The Galaxy Note 3 arrives on Verizon on Oct 10 and I'll have an upgrade available right around then.... so I'll have a few weeks to test drive iOS 7. That will determine whether I decide to stick it out until a hopefully larger iPhone 6 comes out, or go ahead and switch now.

bottsjw

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2010
iOS 7 requires 11.1

If you update, be aware that you'll loose the ability to connect with iTunes until it's updated to 11.1.

bluespark

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2009
Chicago
The timing of this is working out well for me. The Galaxy Note 3 arrives on Verizon on Oct 10 and I'll have an upgrade available right around then.... so I'll have a few weeks to test drive iOS 7. That will determine whether I decide to stick it out until a hopefully larger iPhone 6 comes out, or go ahead and switch now.

How is this comment useful? Can't you work out your personal logistics on your own?

Perfect Score

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2013
Toronto Canada
Performance is really the key though.

If it turns out by upgrading to iOS7 my iphone5 is slow as molasses, I'll hold out. But Apple ain't getting anymore money from me. I'll just wait until this one dies then shop for a new (most likely Android) phone.

I wonder if x64 really makes that much of a difference. I'll be waiting for some benchmark numbers.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Performance is really the key though.

If it turns out by upgrading to iOS7 my iphone5 is slow as molasses, I'll hold out. But Apple ain't getting anymore money from me. I'll just wait until this one dies then shop for a new (most likely Android) phone.

I wonder if x64 really makes that much of a difference. I'll be waiting for some benchmark numbers.
Its not the 64-bit part that would make a difference but the overall upgrade of A7.

derek4484

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2010
Terrible battery life

I was running several of the beta versions of iOS7 on my iPhone 5, and the battery life is absolutely terrible. On my iphone 5 running iOS6 I can always go 2 and sometimes even 3 days on one charge. When I loaded iOS7 on there, I NEVER got more than 24 hours and usually I had to charge it every night and take it off charge every morning. By 10 or 11pm I'd be down to less than 30% left.

raccoontail

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2007
Can we sort notes alphabetically yet?

This complicated feature has confounded Apple's developers since 2007...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.