Public Sensitivity

Discussion in 'Community' started by Wardofsky, May 29, 2003.

1. macrumors 65816

I chose to put this in the Community forum because it is happening in the Community and not in Politics.

I heard this a few hours ago, a woman in Australia complained about her seat during the screening of the Two Towers (Lord of the rings).

She was sitting in cinema 9, row S and seat 11.

I'm just thinking that how people link everyday things to other world events that can be very serious.

Any comments?

2. macrumors P6

wdlove

I'll admit that I'm lost on that. I do see the cinema reference, but that is another term for a movie theater!

3. macrumors 65816

mrjamin

that's ridiculous.

one thing that really bugs me is when people accuse you of being racist for the stupidist things - people are over sensitive to the point that referring to a group of people who aren't caucasian becomes a taboo

I'm not at all racist - i am in te ethnic minority in the area that i live in!

4. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

what's this to do with racism?

The woman was sitting in seat 9 - 11 and she was seeing the Two Towers....big woop! Its going to happen again and again at that theater and its just coincidence, nothing more.

If you're overly sensitive to be bothered by this, then I'd suggest therapy. (in a good way, there are plenty people who lost loved ones during 9/11 and its always going to be difficult for them).

D

5. macrumors 65816

mrjamin

i was making a comment about people being oversensitive

6. macrumors 68030

medea

well 9-11 affected a lot of people and some more so than others, it was a bit of an over reaction on her part but some people are overly sensitive about things.

7. macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm also a racial minority here in Boston!

She would really have to be sensitive to see any connection with that seat and 9/11. Besides therapy, time heal all wounds!

8. macrumors 68000

MacFan25

I think that people need to realize that coincidences happen like this. Its just a coincidence. No need to complain.

9. macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I sort of wish more business would excercise their right to refuse service to more of these idiots.

People like this can ruin a movie going experience for the rest, they should be tossed out of the theater.

What's next, remove 9/11 from the rest of the callendars, change the emergency number to anything but 9-1-1, or take out a salami and beat these people senseless (oops, should be beat some sense into these morons.)

10. job
    macrumors 68040

job

I believe Opus (from the wonderful Bloom County comic strip) already did this... ;)

11. macrumors 65816

NavyIntel007

This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

12. thread starter macrumors 65816

-