Public Service Annoucement

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Texas04, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Hey, here is a public service annoucement for school that I did. I want to know your input. There have been conflicting opinions about the project from different people. However I need an objective view point of the project from people who dont know me personally. See what you think
    http://www.freewebtown.com/vicssite/vicssite/Blog/08291748-DF66-4426-A863-D94FBA185E53.html

Thats the link for the higher quiality and here is the YouTube version, lower quality
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMDBF2XjXlQ

Let me know, be as harsh/nice as possible. Nothing will be taken as flaming. Thank you!

2. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

I'm envious of your optimism -- though it makes my teeth hurt a tad. :p

I might rotate speakers through the ad -- if many people are "hand in hand," I'd like to hear various voices handing off the phrase.

The shot at the end fades out kind of quickly -- why not have them all scream "Hand in hand!" together or do something together to demonstrate their common bond? Or maybe add in some small kids that would lead people to infer you are "changing the world," etc.

God. That sounds so sarcastic. I mean, I don't feel so sarcastic. I guess I just don't like the phrase "change the world."

It's sweet and honest and hopeful, and the sentiment you present is a sentiment that needs to be passed along. I'm glad for you for your hope.

3. Texas04 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Thank you and I didn't take it as sarcastic. Unfortunatley deadlines wont allow me to try another phrase from "change the world" but the different voices was something suggested. trying that right now. Ill update when it comes along.

4. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

It might just be my setup but the audio seemed really quiet.

I agree w/thedude110 that having different voices might have been a good idea, but if everyone would have yelled "hand in hand" in the group shot I probably would have wanted to kill someone.

The tripod is your friend. The zoom out at the end was pretty shaky.

The interior shots were yellowish which means the camera wasn't setup properly. Whenever you change lighting conditions you need to white balance the camera. Most consumer cameras have an "inside" preset and an "outside" preset, and some have a "manual" mode too. The presets are usually adequate, but if you can white balance manually that's better.

It was better than what I thought it would be.

Lethal

5. Texas04 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Thanks Lethal :)

the "Yellowish" was actually an addition and brought in the editing... gave it more of a suttle feel. But I will try it with it out instead, thanks :)

Haha is that why they call you lethal :p

Thank you once again, your ideas will be tested :)

6. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Ah, the reason i thought it was a boo-boo is 'cause the last shot (which was outside) was properly white balanced.

Lethal

7. skimaxpower Guest

If you're going for subtle, go for natural.

Additionally, I would suggest asking your hand models to remove watches/wristbands/etc. If your theme is hands, it's best not to distract from them.