Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ddk121

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 23, 2006
Wales, UK
I am doing a project for college, and need some help. I need to transfer Microsoft Publisher files to and from school, yet Mac does not support publisher. What Shall I do??

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
Are you required to use Publisher? You might just have to use a lab computer there. If you don't HAVE to, consider Apple's Pages, part of iWork.

IMHO Publisher is a piece of crap, easily outclassed by even Pages, and obviously outclassed by full-fledged design programs like Adobe InDesign.

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
Well, you'll just have to use lab computers to work on them then. You can, of course, STORE the files on any USB thumb drive or what-have-you, but there's no port of Publisher for OS X.

Honestly, what school is still teaching that **** program? Absurd.

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
Well, you'll just have to use lab computers to work on them then. You can, of course, STORE the files on any USB thumb drive or what-have-you, but there's no port of Publisher for OS X.

Honestly, what school is still teaching that **** program? Absurd.

Microsoft have many educational institutions in the UK in their pocket.

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
i liked Publisher. i used it to do a family tree a while back that i still have (now saved as PDF and un-edit-able). it's simply to use and straigtforward.

while i can see Pages being the closest thing to Publisher, i wouldn't suggest it as an all-out replacement. really, there is no Mac replacement for Publisher.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.