Publishers love the Wii

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dagless, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Not "to wee", just incase kids come here.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/media_wii_games_dc

Interesting, no? So the Wii is the publishers financial fave? I wonder how this will affect 3rd party games, the part Nintendo consoles have been ridiculed for.

2. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

3. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

It's new generation, according to Reggie. ;)

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Only time will tell if third party developers jump on board with gusto. You cant blame them from being a bit apprehensive, but I think the extra financial incentive will more than ease that apprehension.

Wii games I was told today are €65 in the store I'm getting my wii from :eek: only €5 less than 360/PS3.. Bit dissapointed to be honest, €50 i'd be a lot happier about...

5. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Crazy :eek: I suppose it balances out the greatest 360 bundle in the world ever. Shops are charging £35 for Wii games, £49 for 360. Though we all know online is a different kettle of fish.

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Weirdly places like gameplay.co.uk & play.com are selling the wii games at £37.99 / 39.99 - the sames price as 360 ? weird..... So are they definitely going to be £35 in the high street - if so play may do a big price drop closer to release date...

7. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

I'm sure the companies like saving that development money, but it will certainly be offset by selling more games (even if on other systems). I wonder how this will be affected by userbase <-> software lineup, because you know the system with the lowest userbase will get the short end of the stick. Only time will tell...

I just hope they don't ditch the system like they did with the Gamecube and the N64. I love my Gamecube and I had a great time with my N64, but I'm playing the waiting game on the Wii 'til next year.

8. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20061117/qotw_01.shtml

Saw that link on ign today.... haven't noticed it posted here anywhere.

On topic- developers were asked what systems THEY were buying- almost all of them said yes to the Wii and no to the PS3. Some of the anti-PS3 comments were fantastic, especially the EA employee ones.

I will be getting a Wii sometime next year- I have a "spend no money except for food and bills" policy until my credit card bills are paid off. :)

9. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

That's a huge amount of positive feedback. Bodes well.

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Thanks for the link. Some intersting comments indeed :)

Saw this pic on that site

[​IMG]

The DS-Lite was extremely apple'ish in regards to packaging. This even more so. I wonder who designs their packaging... :)

11. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I don't know why, that UPS guy's face makes me giggle :)

12. risc macrumors 68030

risc

I was checking out the price of Wii games (pre-order) here in Australia and they are exactly the same price as the 360 games. That amazed me! This was at an EB. Nintendo games were $99 (same as a Microsoft 1st party title), and 3rd party were $109 (which is the same as 3rd party for 360). To be honest I laughed out loud when I saw this.

13. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Maybe because the manager asked him to wii in his box...

14. lmalave macrumors 68000

lmalave

You know what, I am seriously considering getting both the Wii and the DS-Lite. And I haven't purchased a game system since the Atari 2600. Nintendo is creating impressive products that appeal to gamers and non-gamers alike...