Pulling HD out of iBook 12"

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by SanibelMan, May 22, 2006.

1. SanibelMan macrumors member

My wife has a seriously beat-up iBook - keyboard and screen destroyed thanks to toddler terror. For a while, she had it working with an external keyboard and monitor, and she has a large collection of music from iTunes on it. Now, though, I can't get it to start up at all - it chimed once, clicked and died, and now there's nothing at all when I try to power it up. At this point, I just want to pull the hard drive out of it and put it in an external case so I can get the music off of it. Can anyone give me some advice as to how I would go about doing that and what sort of case to get?

And if anyone wants the remnants of a couple of iBooks - our son managed to get mine, too - feel free to let me know. :rolleyes:

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Instructions from www.ifixit.com

Case from MacAlly

Small Tox screwdrivers, much patience and fine motor skills -- you have to supply yourself.

Hint. Send wife and toddler to the zoo or the movies for at least three hours. I am just imaginging... "What Daddy doing?" Yank. 243 screws and components on floor, under furniture, in heat vents, etc.