Pulsing Latch Light

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thewolfe, Nov 21, 2006.

1. thewolfe macrumors newbie

I just got a new MacBook Pro, updating from my Powerbook. The light on the latch of my PowerBook always drove me crazy, and I thought there was going to be some kind of fix on the new laptops.

Does anybody have any options? I've looked all over for some firmware option, but I cant find anything.

Thanks

2. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

what do you mean? turning off the sleep light?? if yes, i don't think its possible, the only way is ti wake up the laptop :D
    or open the machine and cut the wires of course, but i don't think you wanna do that?

3. breakfastcrew macrumors 6502

dude....thats so easy just cover it up with tape or something I did that to mine cause at night it drove me crazy....I hate nightlights.

4. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

If it's sleeping, with the lid open, the sleep light will dim (using ambient light sensor). It'll still pulsate, but the maximum brightness will be much dimmer.

Might not be a total solution for you, but could help.

5. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

Only "solution" is to shut the laptop down rather than putting it to sleep.

Actually I suppose a small catspaw and a ball peen hammer would also solve the problem. :D

6. thewolfe thread starter macrumors newbie

I would do the "throwing a shirt on top of the laptop" thing, and i'm a little nervous to hit my new baby with a hammer, but I'd like to think that apple would give me some way to shut off the light.

Besides doesnt it drain the battery?

7. 4nex macrumors member

The battery drain from an LED is pretty much negligible. You could always do something like clear nail varnish over the lamp lens (best done from the inside). Personally I just stand the remote in front of it. It is annoying at night though.