Pumpkin Carving Ideas

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kwyjibo, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

So my dorm is sponsoring this thing where we can carve pumpkins for free tomorrow so I'm planning on joining in b4 i watch 24

I need some non-apple ideas
    so far i'm considering Mr. Koolaid or a Gumby Character (one of the blockheads ? ) any other suggestions or sources for cool but not too challenging templates are appreciated?

And for those of you carving pumpkins what are you making this year or what have you made? I'd love to see pics

2. Frohickey macrumors 6502a

3. medea macrumors 68030

medea

I'll post some pics after I carve the pumpkins, don't want to carve them too early you know.

4. Kwyjibo thread starter macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I don't think a week would be much of a stretch especially if you keep outside

5. alset macrumors 65816

alset

6. markjones05 macrumors 6502a

markjones05

two days ago...

Attached Files:

7. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

any other ideas? i was thinking of putting contemporary political symbols on them... like the hammer and sickle u.s.s.r symbol or perhaps the che quevera head etc.

8. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

the hammer and sickle is a contemporary political symbol?

:p

the che guivera head would be awesome, someone needs to bust out some mad skills and cut that one up. oh yeah!

how about a donkey and an elephant? oh wait, it's not a presidential election year.

9. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

well yeah it still is. while the u.s.s.r. is dead (isnt to others though) that symbol is still alive and rolling as popular iconography. now in terms of something being dead i guess its not contemporary but in terms of being fashionable it is.
    just like the che symbol which is alive and well even though mr. che there is dead and rotting (some think he is still alive though but thats another story).

10. sonofslim macrumors 6502a

sonofslim

in college i did a little 3-color (black, white, and gray) caricature/portrait of myself and used it as a stencil to carve a pumpkin with my picture on it. the black areas were left untouched, white was carved, and the gray was scraped about 1/8" deep so that the "meat" of the pumpkin showed in contrast to the skin.

not sure if i described that well; does it make sense?

11. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

this is a bit geeky & all...but has anyone ever tried doing the OS X Finder face on a pumpkin?

Attached Files:

12. medea macrumors 68030

medea

here are my pumpkins, you can't see it because of the lighting but the pumkin with the reaper actually has a scythe cut out of the back which illuminates onto the wall.

Attached Files:

13. Kwyjibo thread starter macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I carved mine too , pics are on my site ...
    in the signature of course

14. medea macrumors 68030

medea

15. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

My mom's boyfriend stupidly eviscerated the pumpkin I had chosen...:( It was going to be all emoticons :( Then I was stuck with what they had left: nothing. :(

16. Kwyjibo thread starter macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I threw my pumpkin outon halloween because it was molding and anymore time would have made my dorm stink

17. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

nice work, medea. i'm personally not too gifted in the hands-on crafts, and now that i live in a propper apartment building, there's no porch for pumpkins to go on.

no kids came to my place, no party to go to, and the closest thing to candy i ate was a gyro. worst. halloween. ever.

18. medea macrumors 68030

medea

that sounds pretty bad, I love halloween myself but with my fiancee working late and my friends gone I ended up watching a movie (the eye) with my little brother and I only got one trick or treater. Not my idea of a great halloween but at least I didn't have to go at it alone. better luck next year eh?