Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beau21

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2008
hey guys

i've been looking for a good architecture practice and design program for my new MacBook and came across Punch! Home Design Studio. http://www.punchsoftware.com/products/mac.htm#

it seems like a pretty good program but i was wondering if anyone knows where i can find a demo or trial for it or if there are any videos or tutorial videos out there showing it off?

thanks!

:D

dealmakerjoe

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2008
Punch Home Design Studio demo

Unfortunately, I've tried to find a demo version of this program and I've failed. One site claimed to have a demo version but when I downloaded it, the package was labeled "upgrade". When I tried to load the program, it stopped at the 'select HD' step saying I couldn't load it to this drive. (internal drive)

kkat69

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
I have Punch, 3dHome Architect (different company but uses the Punch engine and it was cheaper), and Better homes and Gardens. I don't remember any of them offering a trial version.

There is (from punch) a free 30days in punch university. Link is on the web site.

rossb

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2008
Punch Home Design Studio for Mac Tutorials

Does anyone know where I can find tutorials for this software? As near as I can tell, they only offer tutorials for their Professional PC version and everyone else is S.O.L. :eek:

Thanks!

R-

paljoey

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2010
Home Design Studio tutorials

The tutorials are built into the program but they are not very clear and tend to skip over important steps. When you buy the software on line and download it there is a trial period. I have found the program to be convoluted and much more complex than it needs to be.

Now for my problem: The lower half of the File drop down menu disappeared. I am unable to save or print anything in Home Design Studio. I have not been able to find any set-up menus so I can reset these preferences. All of my other programs are unaffected.

Mr.Texor

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2007
have you tried
http://sketchup.google.com/ ?
Sketchup was bought by google about 2-3 years ago iirc. There's several tutorials around the net, and I know several architects (including my dad) which use it.

You need to buy the pro one to be able to open your autocad files tho...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.