Punkbuster

Discussion in 'Games' started by mowogg, Oct 4, 2006.

1. mowogg macrumors 6502

mowogg

I am having trouble with punkbuster updates for CoD2. As you can see in the attached screen grab, it says it's installed, but doesn't say what version etc... When running the updates it states that CoD2 needs to be updated, says it's updating and then says that the update has been made.
    When I go to the CoD folder and check the version of the pb files they look to be the most recent.
    The problem is that I am getting kicked immediately from servers by punkbuster and the message I get is that I need to go to evenbalance.com and manually update punkbuster, which is what I tried in the first place!
    Has anybody else had this problem?
    Also, when I updated to CoD 1.3 it had the pb folder in the "Call of Duty Data" folder. The punkbuster application has put it in the CoD folder one level up. Does anyone know what the proper place is to put it?

TIA,
    Rob

Attached Files:

2. kitchendonkey macrumors newbie

punkbuster is a punk

I am having the same problem.
    I have called aspyr and they said this is a BIG problem with punkbuster since a few months ago when they made some software update that screwed all Mac users.

They, the good people at punkbuster don't give to ***** about Mac users.
    I have sent countless online forms on the problem and they don't even respond.

They don't respond to Aspyr's request to fix the problem at all.
    It's a problem and I am not playing on line anymore as I have given up with this ****ed up company that has the worst support I have ever come seen.

ALL GAMEING COMPANIES SHOULD DROP PUNKBUSTER NOW!!!!

3. Nikko1965 macrumors member

Me too

I had the same crap with CoD and fixed it by downloading pbsetup (which I see you have) and then changing the path from where the game is to the Applications Support folder in the library. CoD United Offensive has it's own folder separate from CoD. This might be the case with CoD2 as well.

Hope it helps, I agree it's a real pain as America's Army does it all for you while you wait.

Cheers,

Nick

4. mowogg thread starter macrumors 6502

mowogg

Thanks for the replies. This seems to be a problem since the 1.3 upgrade. The odd thing is, I can't get CoD2 to even recognize Punkbuster. Typing "pb" into the console should give options to disable security checking (/pb_security 0) but it doesn't work. I can't figure out if it's a punkbuster issue or a CoD2 issue. Punkbuster works fine in CoD UO, Castle Wolfenstein and Doom3, so I'm thinking it's an issue with CoD2.
    Oh well, still playing CoD UO online and CoD2 single player.

Thanks agian,
    Rob