Puppy was treated as a football

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by wdlove, Sep 15, 2004.

1. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Some youths were using a 6 - 8 week old Labrador mix puppy like a foot ball, they were kicking it around. A passerby rescued the puppy and took it home. It was falling a lot and not eating. He took the puppy to a St. Francis rescue clinic. They put him on a dip and injections. Named Maddy, he was blind. Then started having seizures every 10 minutes, it was decided to put the puppy down. The staff was devastated at the cruelty.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/3659090.stm

2. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

So sad.

What are the penalties in the UK for animal cruelty?

3. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Hmmmm.

Ok, lets see. I am 6'5 260lbs. A room. No windows. Locked door. Each of the kids one by one, for 10 minutes in the room with me.

I wonder if I could get the same outcome from beating on them for a while.

Little bastards.

4. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Love Southern justice. :D

5. emw macrumors G4

emw

Now that doesn't really seem fair to me.

You see, there were a group of kids and one puppy. You're only talking one on one. Perhaps you need to get some of your friends involved as well...

6. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

Why are you going so easy on them?

7. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

What's this new thing about posting a thread title twice? What's this new thing about posting a thread title twice?

8. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

The more I read things like this the more I wish the whole of humanity would become extinct. :mad:

9. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

FA, baby.

10. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

wait-that was in the uk right? so i guess it wasn't american football...it's times like this when i believe in corporal punishment...<disgusted emoticon> :mad:

11. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Those crazy/violent soccer fans. :rolleyes:

It's much better when they beat each other up.

12. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

The dog should have just shot them with a gun, it is possible you know. Other than that it is sad. I feel bad for the little puppy, even worse since I have one myself.

iJon

13. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Jesus, that's terrible. My lab pup was only 3 months when we got him from the shelter. He'd been abandoned. I felt bad enough about that, but if I knew some little snots had been kicking him I don't know what I'd do...

I swear, I hate people sometimes.

14. wdlove thread starter macrumors P6

wdlove

Since I'm a dog lover with 3 dogs myself, the whole thing is incomprehensible. Where were the parents in the upbringing of these children. They need to be taught a lesson, community service of some kind. Definitely not in a kennel. Working in a prison, scared straight approach might save some of them. :(

It brings on great sadness. At least the puppy is in a better place now.

15. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

seriously... abusing a defenseless puppy is the same maliciousness as a pedophile molesting defenseless children.

These kids need to learn a lesson in the language of pain

16. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

There would be a group of people who would be quite willing to molest these not so defenseless children -- in jail.

17. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    that would be an apt punishment

18. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

A slap on the wrist, a fine and a ban from owning pets. Nothing really :mad:

19. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Absolutely deplorable! :mad: If those kids are caught, their punishment should be to have to look at that picture for the rest of their lives. Of course, that's assuming they have an ounce of humanity in them. After what they did, though, I'm not so sure.

20. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Probably wouldn't have an effect. Given their actions though castration may be a better solution. So this way they don't abuse any children that they might have....

21. VincentVega macrumors regular

Yes, the penalties here are utterly pathetic. No punishment at all, really.

I just can't understand the mentality of people who abuse animals. What sort of person would kick a tiny, innocent puppy around, just for kicks? Poor little thing. It brought a tear to my eye reading the story a few days ago.

There's a bit more on the story here: http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004430992,00.html. One of the thugs kicking the puppy around justified his act because it was "his" puppy (and therefore he could do whatever he liked with it).

Sometimes, I find my fellow humans and their acts completely incomprehensible. And we like to call ourselves civilised? For some people, nothing could be further from the truth.

Rest in peace, little puppy. At least you're not in pain now. :(

22. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

There's too many do-gooders going around who think that children can do no wrong. Unfortunately this is far from the truth as there's a minority of vicious little bastards who get away with practically anything because they know the law can do practically nothing about them...

23. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

And whatever happens to the kids?

Sometimes I really do wish I had mind powers, but that really would be bad for a lot of people. Or good for humanity, depends on how you look at it... :rolleyes:

24. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I have read through the years that "children" that abuse animals, have a greater potential to "escalate" their abuse to others as they grow older.

25. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

For once i agree with you 100% !!
    i am an animal and dog lover, this is horrible, i cant believe people would be so ignorant as to do this to a puppy.....