Puppy/Young love....

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by amateurmacfreak, Apr 27, 2006.

1. amateurmacfreak macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak

Okay, I'm going to have to be careful around here before I get a reputation as the whiny adolescent with too much angst that starts too many threads. :eek:
    Anyways, I was just wanting the hear the stories of puppy/young love you all may have... and is young love really love? Is it still the same emotion, or is it not "true love"?
    So, what was your first memory of young love??

PS I don't have school tomorrow... that's why I'm posting this late. ;)

2. ahunter3 macrumors 6502

Clarification: are we talking about when you are 14 and fall in love with another 14-year-old? Or are we talking about when you put your arm around the shoulders of another 4-year-old and bring her cookies and consider her your girlfriend?

3. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    I really think that it is all the same, but you have to consider that you will change a lot along the way and who you are at 12 isn't who you are at 14 isn't who you are at 18 isn't who you are at 21 or 25.

Who you are now may love who she is now, but will the later you love the later her?

4. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

Love isn't the same at your age of 13 as it is in the "real world". I don't know what it is about the age but everyone just starts falling "in love" with each other; I have a kid brother so I know.

That said, I've been dating my girlfriend since early high school and everything is good -- even considering I'm 650 miles from home for more than I'm home. The initial bond may begin to wear off after a while, but I think love becomes more of a connection with someone as time goes rather than a mushy lovey-dovey thing. My girlfriend and I are incredible friends that share common interests and love being with each other.

5. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I wouldn't call it love... I still have the most stringent standards and definition of "love," but my first real crush.

I was 5 years old and the brave leader of...
    The Kissy Girl Team!​
    There was a whole group of us gals, and we would run around, chasing the boys, and pretending we'd kiss them. :p

The leader of the boys? Chad Usher. Mm. I had such a huge crush on him. But nothing happened... A few years later, he admitted that he had also had a crush on me. Aww. :eek: :D

6. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

7. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Is that what that smell is?

8. vniow macrumors G4

Have to go with devilot here, I also have pretty strict standards for what I call actual "love" but my first real crush was on this girl when I was like in 6th grade or so, I put a rose in her locker with a note that took me an insanely long time to write. I had (and still have) quite the reputation for horrible handwriting and it is easily recogniseable so I didn't want her to know it was me. Nothing happened of it plus she had a boyfriend at the time and I was super-awkward anyway but I did it. :eek:

9. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

The first girl I ever kissed was Amy Bishop. We were both about six years old, and she lived across the street from me. Sadly, she and her family up and moved away.

Around the same time I also had a crush on my first grade teacher, Ms. Potenciani. I have no idea whether that's how her name was actually spelled, but that's how it sounded to my young ears (i.e. "potents zee yanni"). I don't even remember what she looked like, but I'm guessing she was your standard youngish first grade teacher.

My first official girlfriend was Jessica, in the seventh grade -- so I guess we were around age 12? I sent her a check-yes-or-no note, very standard stuff. I don't remember us actually breaking up; I think the "romance" just kinda faded over summer vacation and we both knew it was time to move on. ;)

10. amateurmacfreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak

Eh, whatever.
    Both work.
    Whatever you think is the most interesting story... :)

11. amateurmacfreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak

I don't think necessarily that what I may consider "love" at 13 is really love. I've already been shaping my definition of love, and... I know I'll change between now and whenever.
    So, I'm not necessarily referring to love in any kind of strict definition.
    Also, the closest I've ever come to a romantic relationship is this year, with a very good friend of mine. We're settling so into friends at this point, but I still, with what I've collected at this point, have trouble believing that I'm not at least a tad in love with him, even if it's not so much of a romantic relationship.
    I'm mostly asking for cute stories, I guess.

12. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Hey love is love. Its a great feeling. It can hurt on occaison, but as 2pac says, "keep ya head up":D

13. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

It's hormones.