Purchase ADC?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by VanMac, Jun 2, 2005.

1. VanMac macrumors 6502a

May 26, 2005
    Rampaging Tokyo
    Hey All.

I'm thinking of purchasing Select ADC?

I do not yet own a mac, but will be purchasing something after WWDC announcements(likely higher end PB). I am a Java/J2EE developer, so was thinking of purchasing ADC to get hardware discount, as well as explore maybe doing some mac type development.

Any experiences or input into this would be appreciated. Looks like the cost pays for itself in the one hardware discount......

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

Oct 21, 2003
    Portland, OR
    I cannot comment on purchasing ADC for hardware discount, but I will point out that signing up for the ADC website is free, and gives you access to all the documentation and downloads you would need for Development. It should also be noted that your new Mac will come with XCode Tools (Apple's DevTools) which has many many tools and documentation included.
  3. bitfactory macrumors 6502

Jul 22, 2002
    re: the hardware discount...

it only takes affect AFTER the first year AND you renew (grand total $1,000) - so figure that into your calculations - you won't be saving money on the discount until about the 4th year.
  4. patseguin macrumors 65816

Aug 28, 2003
    I don't know about that. I signed up in March of this year and I can go right to the ADC hardware store now and buy anything I want at significant discounts. I do believe it is a one time purchase but I don't believe you have to wait a year before doing it.
  5. sw1tcher macrumors 65816

Jan 6, 2004
    Exactly. That'd be pretty dum if you had to wait a year. What are you suppose to develop on in the mean time?