Purchase advice, wait for Merom?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by umdjb, Jun 20, 2006.

  1. umdjb macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 27, 2006
    Location:
    Washington D.C.
    #1
    Hey everyone,

    I am a little torn between purchasing a new Mac now or wait until the Core 2 Duo is introduced? Does anyone know if Apple will be adding this chip to their computers and if so, which products in the Mac computer line? iMac, Mac Mini, etc.? And if they do add the chip any word on when?

    Thanks!
     
  2. 7on macrumors 601

    7on

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2003
    Location:
    Dress Rosa
    #2
    Well if you wait there is always something better down the road. I am perfectly happy with my Macbook, but the Pro models may get Core2 this fall and the consumer models may get it in january. Just my guess.
     
  3. Eniregnat macrumors 68000

    Eniregnat

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2003
    Location:
    In your head.
    #4
    Here's the test. Is it a tool or a toy?

    If you absolutely need the latest and greatest (LAG) then get it. If you want the LAG in equipment, but lack funds, or would rather be more environmental, or would, or will be irritated at something newer coming down the pipeline, then wait.

    If your asking about Memoron today, when it comes down the pipe line your likely to ask, is a the rev ‘A’ Memoron mother board really stable? Should I wait for X or Y eron? There is always something down the pipeline. If you can wait, always do.
     

Share This Page