Purchase of Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by stopper10, Jul 27, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Jul 19, 2002
    Planning to purchase a new 27" Imac in the next few weeks. When I get this, will Lion show up in the app store under already purchased for purposes of installing on my 2010 mac mini? Or will I need to purchase it separately?

Thanks in advance for the help.
  2. C64
    macrumors 6502a

Sep 3, 2008
    Right on the Apple Store page:

OS X Lion
    Up-to-Date Program
    The OS X Lion Up-to-Date upgrade is available at no additional charge via the Mac App Store to all customers who purchased a qualifying new Mac system from Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller on or after June 6, 2011. Users must request their Up-to-Date upgrade within 30 days of purchase of their Mac computer.
    Please visit the OS X Lion Up to Date program page (http://www.apple.com/macosx/uptodate/) for details on how to request your copy of Lion.
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 19, 2002
    My question is a bit different from this response. I know the Imac will either ship with or upgrade to lion for free. Will this license allow me to install lion on the mac mini I already have?
  4. macrumors 6502

Jun 15, 2011
    Syracuse, NY
    The license is not permissive if the 2 macs use different Apple ID's, but is permissive if they do use the same, you'll have to contact apple support probably
  5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 19, 2002
    any other input? Anyone in a similar situation?