Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

punkmac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
I was very happy to find a G4 Cube at my local thrift store for 12 bucks!

It needs a power supply, (around a hundred bucks?) In the meantime I took the RAM out of the Cube it had 3 sticks 2 64MB and 1 128MB. I needed it for a Ruby iMac I've been meaning to update. Installed Jaguar 10.2 and iLife '04. I'm actually using it right now.

Now I would like to have all my machines online. I have a hardwired iMac g4 sharing with Airport to my Macbook.

I guess I need a router....Can I hook the 2 iMacs up and still share with the Macbook?

I would like not to have to pick up a original Airport card(expensive) for the Ruby.

So 2 questions....Where to pick up a power supply for the cube and what's the best way to have all the machines online?

Thanks!

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
Wow great find on the G4 cube! :D The G4 Cube Power Supply I see one on eBay for a little over $100, you can check it out here.

To have all of your Macs online on the same network you can look into getting a router, or better yet a wireless router. A wireless router will have four ethernet ports for your wired computers (and a WAN port for your Cable/DSL modem) also the router will have a wireless antenna so it can share your network (including the internet) to your MacBook. This would provide an easy solution to having all of your computers hooked up. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.