Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

derajfast

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 24, 2004
my harddrive crashed and lost all my purchased songs from itunes........anyway i can redownload them? or am i screwed

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
You can try contacting iTMS through their feedback, in some (not all) cases they are willing to help out.

Do you use an iPod? If the tracks are still on there and you haven't re-synced, you might be able to get them back.

sreedy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2005
Somerset
derajfast said:
my harddrive crashed and lost all my purchased songs from itunes........anyway i can redownload them? or am i screwed

Unless you've backed them up, as iTunes reminds you every few downloads, I think you are basically screwed.

Unless you have them on your iPod then you can use a utility ( I forget the name) to pull them off.

mklos

macrumors 68000
Dec 4, 2002
My house!
Apple will NOT let you re-download those songs. Just like if you buy a CD from Wal-Mart and lose it, Wal-Mart is going to replace the CD for you. Like other people have said, you are responsible for backing up your purchased songs, and the iPod, it NOT a backup. Many people think it is, but the iPod is just a music jukebox, not a backup source. Like sdreed25 said, there are utilities that you can use to extract the music off your iPod. Do a search under http://www.versiontracker.com and you'll get a utility that will work.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
mklos said:
Apple will NOT let you re-download those songs.
They won't if you don't ask, that enough is true. iTMS customer service reps handle those things case by case, it depends on the circumstances.

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
I use a program called El iPodo to retrieve songs from my iPod. It comes in handy to pull files from the pod to be used for my other Macintosh computers currently not networked. It works well, but the interface isn't the best out there. If you need to use it, google "El iPodo".

Regards,

image.php

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.