Purchased Macbook, Pleased with Shipping

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tcrab, Jan 29, 2007.

1. tcrab macrumors member

I just recently purchased a 2.0 C2D Macbook, with 2GB RAM, 120 GB HDD. I placed my order on friday afternoon and it shipped last night (Sunday/Monday) with estimated arrival by Wednesday. I am very excited!:cool:

2. gammamonk macrumors 6502a

gammamonk

Nice. I ordered a Macbook with 2gigs today! My powerbook is nearing the end of it's spastic life. Gonna send it it in for repairs one more then then straight to ebay!

3. ready2switch macrumors 6502

Wow! You'll have to let us know how it is when it arrives.

4. drb6 macrumors regular

no such luck

I bought my refurb mbp last wednesday with ground shipping. The evil fedex people picked it up from apple but are keeping it in their facility in sacramento because it doesn't need to be here (boston) till thursday (est shipping date).

So i'm happy for you but i still have many days to go...:(

5. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

I had a great experience with the shipping. Shipped out of China but was delayed "beyond their control" so the whole process took 3 business days from the day I clicked "Place order" until it was at my door step. I'm impressed..

Though I opted for overnight shipping for my second Macbook cause I didn't want to wait 3 business days again :p

6. BGAYLOR07 macrumors member

If you have items in your order that are shipped in 3-4 weeks would that delay your entire order? or would those just ship later?

7. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

They ship later. Apple says, "Items are shipped separately as they become available." Something like that.

8. Sam* macrumors regular

Sam*

Apple shipping is top notch

i ordered my imac on a thursday, (around 2pm)

it was here by noon the next day

and best of all, it was free:D

9. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I"m sure there's one of these evil fedex clerks sitting there holding your box and laughing.

THAT MAKES TONS OF SENSE!

Any chance its coming via ground and its between points or its on a truck ... hmmm that makes sense! wait its much more likely they have a special pile of boxes that they just don't move for the fun of it.

10. redmeister macrumors 6502

yup yup i am pleased as well. took 3 days for my refurb to get here via fed ex ground

only thing they could possibly fix is the lil glitch of the tracking not showing up in fed ex's window until the next day... had me freaking out for a second when it said it could not find my package... but it all of a sudden pops up completely updated the next day

11. holamiamigos macrumors 6502a

12. ViM macrumors regular

I ordered on Friday and my iMac came on Monday.
    Shanghai ->Sydney->Melbourne pretty quick i think:cool:

13. Cristian macrumors 6502

Cristian

Nice, when I bought my mac book it was expected to come in 5-7 days and it came in 2:)

14. tcrab thread starter macrumors member

I just checked and everything is going as planned. It went from China, to Anchorage, to Inndiapolis, to Memphis, where it just left. It should go to a town called Sikeston like 30mins away and be delivered to me by 10:30 tomorrow morning :D. The only bad thing is that I will have to wait until 3:00 when school is out to play with it. I would skip but i have too many test tomorrow :(

15. xJulianx macrumors 6502a

xJulianx

My BTO MacBook CD took 3 weeks to arrive. Us Brits don't get a speedy delivery choice :(

16. drb6 macrumors regular

Yeah i thought as much. I figured that the website was just behind, so I called a fedex rep and thats what she told me. She said that since it wasn't due to be delivered till Feb 1st, it wouldn't be.

Which of course is ridiculous, I've had plenty of fedex packages that were delivered before the stated outside limit. I just hope they didn't lose it. There has been no update since last Thursday on their web site.

17. NewSc2 macrumors 65816

My MBP took 5 days to process/build and 1.5 days to receive. They quoted me 5-7 days shipping but it arrived here practically overnight =).

Anything FedExed from China is Air, so all packages shouldn't take more than 3 days.

18. drb6 macrumors regular

My mbp finally travelled from CA. Its in CT now!!

19. drb6 macrumors regular

My mbp finally travelled from CA. Its in CT now!!

EDIT: sorry, not sure why it double posted

20. tcrab thread starter macrumors member

I got it today! It is wonderful. No issues what so ever. I don't like the trackpad though I didn't realize they didn't have tap and click hmm

21. Spritey macrumors regular

Spritey

Same here! I was wondering when the heck they were actually going to deliever it! I've been checking the freaking FedEx site way too many times!!

I chose ground shipping cause I won't be able to see if for a week anyway until I pick it up at my bf's house anyway... damn midterms

But I think your comp and mine will enjoy the ride together. Mine's getting off the "bus" in Philly tho

22. redmeister macrumors 6502

you can change that under apple logo > preferences

i was upset about that too at first but you can just change it and voila!

23. JBazz macrumors 6502

yeah, my experience with buying a refurb has been less than exciting also. Pitty, I always bragged on how fast they picked up and delivered my iBook for repairs.....

24. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

The most amazing case I have experience was an order which I placed on the 22th for a refurbished MB and Apple shipping it overnight at their expense just so it arrives on the Saturday before Christmas. :p