Purchased Music cant go onto ipod in iTunes 5

Discussion in 'iPod' started by morkmango, Sep 11, 2005.

1. morkmango macrumors newbie

Hi

I cant get my purchased music from the itunes music store to go onto my ipod in itunes 5... stuff i have imported from CDs goes on fine.. I just downloaded this stuff too, so its not like i have already used up my number of times i could transfer the songs or anything... any ideas on how to fix this?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

3. morkmango thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply:)... the music is authorized, but after checking that site, maybe my ipod has to be up to date with this new version.. I have 3g and i have not updated from 2.2 to 2.3 yet, but it never has caused me problems before... I guess i will have to try that.. sucks tho because i have since switched to Mac from PC so i have to update it on a PC.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, that sucks. Unless you restore it form the Mac. You'll lose everything but if it's on your Mac, that won't matter. Te main benefit is that the Mac form of formatting for the iPod is slightly more reliable than the PC's (FAT32 from memory) for mobile disk usage. Of course, the difference is minimal and it'll mean PCs will no longer recognise it which could suck.