Purchased Music

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by ColoJohnBoy, Mar 27, 2005.

1. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

I'm right now tooling around in iTunes, click on my 'Purchased Music' playlist, and see that I have purchased 210 tracks, including two albums! (Mozart's Requeim and the 'De-Lovely' Soundtrack). Furthermore, I have $40 of credit remaining on iTMS. How much has everyone else purchased?

2. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

222 Songs Total,

80 Individual songs purchased with Money

1 Album, 30 Songs purchased

16 Free songs from Pepsi

96 Songs from Free Song of Week

So, I paid about $90 for 222 Songs

3. biohazard6969 macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

i only have like MAYBE between 40-60, because i accidentally deleted the playlist about a month ago and lost track, plus i don't have my own credit card (only 15) So i do a lot of limewire

4. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Well, it says 56, but 21 are from free iTunes downloads... so 35 total actually bought?

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

234. I think I also have almost all of the free music, so 95-100 of those are the freebies, and the other 135-140 are mine? That's since January of last year. And I think I've only bought a handful of CDs in that time, OTOH. :)

There isn't any easy way to tell how many are iTunes promos and how many you paid for, is there?

6. 173080 macrumors 6502

7. Teddy Noback macrumors newbie

Teddy Noback

134 since converting in June. I see many of you get the free songs each week. I have never really looked to see what kind of music they offer for free (usually jump around in iMix lists and album links). Are the free offerings worth getting? I know it depends on personal taste but, in general, would anyone recommend checking them out each week?

8. biohazard6969 macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

man i wish the pepsi itunes contest was in canada, i'm sick of havin to pay my mom back for every song i get...but we only have the "win one of 10,000 ipod minis or 1 in 5 wins free pepsi product" contest :mad:

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

For me, personally, about two-thirds of them are not interesting. But there are a few that I really like, and there's one in my top ten by playcount list! And in the thread about top tens, other people also listed free songs in their list. It all depends on your tastes though. They recently added a feature where all the free songs appear in the lower right of the home iTMS page, so they're easier to find than they used to be.

Who knows? You can listen to previews of them, just like songs you purchase. Download some, and maybe you'll like them. Otherwise delete them.

10. MacHarne macrumors 6502

I've amassed over 350 tracks from the iTMS. Actually, I haven't paid for a single one of them. I have all of the free downloads starting from their first offerings to the latest; some of the music was bought using gift cards; some of the music bought using Pepsi-product caps; some of the music bought using Apple's scratch cards handed out at special events and whatnot; and I have all of the free albums that were offered off-the-cuff.

I'd say that I'm doing rather without paying a cent for that much music.

11. jknight8907 macrumors 6502a

jknight8907

12. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

124, most of those i actually bought, including three albums

13. Graeme A macrumors 6502

Graeme A

14. Loge macrumors 68020

Loge

15. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

only about 30... but ive been using it a lot more lately. I used to only use it for some of their 'exclusive' and pre-release tracks, ive been using it for other tracks too.

just yesterday it was only 11 Purchased Songs :p

16. Logik macrumors 6502a

btw just a tip.. if you want to backup those songs you have purchased from itms.. you can create a smart playlist that grabs all the protected files..

Kind -> Contains -> "Protected"

then i just burn that playlist as a data cd for backup purposes.

17. Kmacripple macrumors member

18. Jsmit macrumors regular

Great tip. Will do now (thought I have 4 copies on various hard-drives, not to mention the iPod). Thanks.

228, this includes a few free songs, a few albums and various other tracks purchased at the spur of the moment. Almost forgot the one free song from Ben and Jerry's for promising to vote in the last presidential election.

Off to make another redundant backup.