Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

illwill68

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2006
ok heres my problem my first 10 purchases for my 30 GB video ipod are videos so it goes 1. ,2. ... 10. then my other downloads have been songs and videos well when it gets to the song it says its download then it leaves the list all together and downloads the next video, it told me to check for purchases and i did the song re appeared on the list the video was almost downloaded and the said it would continue next time I log in i log in the next day and it skips the song and restarts at the beginning of downloading the video any advice to help me?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I'm kinda struggling to understand. Would you mind reiterating? Jot down brief dot points if you think I might find it easier to work out what's going on. I am very slow, sorry. :eek:

Applespider

macrumors G4
Are you getting a weird error messages when iTunes tries to add the DRM just as the video 'finishes' downloading? One of those odd F0000 ones?

If so, then it's a problem with the video. Drop an email to iTunes support and they'll try to correct it; and if you're lucky, give you 5 songs for the trouble.

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
My interpretation of the question: The poster has a song in his iTMS shopping basket that won't download.

When he tries to download the song, he gets a message that says the song is already downloaded.

When he clicks "Check for Purchases ..." in the iTunes menu, the song reappears in the download queue, but when time comes to download, he gets the same error message as before.

I also guess he's on dial up.

I don't have any advice however. I'm not familiar with the shopping basket or aware of a download queue in iTunes.

illwill68

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2006
ok i'll re-explain it i saw i made errors in my typing in it too ok I do have dial-up thanks for bringing that up well i'll restart from the beginning i bought a few videos and downloaded them and then i bought a song and another video well all the videos before the song have downloaded and then it gets to the song it says its downloading with the black and white lines it leaves the list and begins to download the video i then click the check for purchases the song appears below the video in the list of things to download i then have to leave and exit out of iTunes it gives the message it will continue the download next time i start and it does the song with black and white stripes with the song and the videos starts to download like i never began to download

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
. . . . , , , , , , , , , ? ? ? ? ! ! ! : : : : . . . . . .

There's some assorted punctuation that you can select and drag (or copy and paste) into your post. It might make it a bit easier for us to read.

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
illwill68 said:
ok i'll re-explain it i saw i made errors in my typing in it too ok I do have dial-up thanks for bringing that up well i'll restart from the beginning i bought a few videos and downloaded them and then i bought a song and another video well all the videos before the song have downloaded and then it gets to the song it says its downloading with the black and white lines it leaves the list and begins to download the video i then click the check for purchases the song appears below the video in the list of things to download i then have to leave and exit out of iTunes it gives the message it will continue the download next time i start and it does the song with black and white stripes with the song and the videos starts to download like i never began to download

That is one big sentence. I feel like I'm listening to someone talking really fast, there are no periods or commas or anything. It's really annoying to read. I read your post twice and I just can't understand you.

Mr Skills

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
OK, for all our sanity, and for a challenge, I have attempted to make this readable using nothing but punctuation. Here goes:

illwill68 said:
OK, I'll re-explain it. I saw I made errors in my typing. In it too!!! :D

OK, I do have dial-up; thanks for bringing that up.

Well, I'll restart from the beginning. I bought a few videos and downloaded them and then i bought a song and another video. Well, all the videos before the song have downloaded and then it gets to the song. It says it's downloading (with the black and white lines). It leaves the list and begins to download the video. I then click the "check for purchases". The song appears below the video in the list of things to download. I then have to leave and exit out of iTunes. It gives the message it will continue the download next time. I start and it does the song (with black and white stripes with the song) and the videos starts to download like I never began to download.

Of course, it might be "next time I start" rather than "next time" ... the wheels really come off on that last sentence :eek:

I ***THINK*** this means that every time the song starts to download, it stops and goes back to the beginning, re-downloading the videos he's already got. I'm even confusing myself now.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
You know, it's funny, I remember back in my day when they actually taught grammar and writing skills in school... I know, bizarre... :cool:

illwill68

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2006
HAHA!!!!! sorry, I don't use punctuations i was in a rush to type that and I was being lazy. Look a period and a few exclamations sorry for being a smart ass about it. (look another):D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.