Purchased song not showing up in iTunes after another -5555 error

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by King Cobra, Oct 15, 2004.

1. King Cobra macrumors 603

This one has me baffled...these are the only other threads on MacRumors discussing the same issue:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=52864
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=89055

...but there have been no responses as to how to fix the problem.

In short, I waited for one of my songs to finish, but as it finished, the -5555 error dialog box came up, and my song didn't show up anywhere in iTunes. That includes doing the Check for Purchased Music menu item function, as it just says that all purchased music has been downloaded. I try to redownload the song from the music store, and it says that the song is already purchased and that a redownload would cost, so I cancelled the redownload. I went through my Hard Drive and Trash folder and didn't come up with the song.

Apple has no information on their site that I've found that has helped me.

How does one go about getting that song out of iTunes?

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I know it's often quicker and easier to get a response from the forums, but I think this might be an 'ask Apple' thing.

3. zim macrumors 65816

zim

Just contact Apple. I have had this same issue, twice. Apple has replied and followed through with giving me the ability to download my file from the Advanced > Check for purchased music...

Last time it happened, it took about a week to process.

I have 410 purchased tracks, combination of mine and my wife's. Two errors out of 410 is pretty good. :D

4. King Cobra thread starter macrumors 603

All right, so since you had success in the contact procedure you used in getting the song, what is the procedure you used? Specifically, what form of contact should I use (email, phone, singing telegram, pigeon), and if it's email, where specifically? Apple has a feedback page online that states something like "We cannot respond to your emails," so I doubt it's that one.

5. zim macrumors 65816

zim

email. This page is not the easiest to find, only because there is no direct link to it.

http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/download.html

You will need your order number. If you no longer have your email with the order number then you can log into the iTMS and see all past orders and numbers.

Just say what happened and what song within that order. As I said, I have had two errors, both of which Apple has replied to and corrected for me. Do expect an auto reply first followed by a second within either 24 hours or asap, they process the issues in the order they come in.

Also, I would recommend keeping a copy of your email and the date sent stored in a text document so that you have record of sending it.

6. King Cobra thread starter macrumors 603

In that case, go Fastmail!

Appreciations for the advice.

7. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

That happened to me....thankfully, it was on a free song.

I didn't know that you could email Apple about that... gonna go into the "Remember this!!! Section of my mind."

8. King Cobra thread starter macrumors 603

All right, upon initially filling out a form on their site and hitting the submit button, I was taken to some AppleCare page and was asked to sign in. I did that, and I got a ~"Request not sent" error message in red text and was told to go back. I had to refill out all the information and hit the button again for it to work. 48 hours later (not 24), I got a response to check for purchased music after they authorized the song, and I had to redownload it (no charge).

So issue resolved.

9. zim macrumors 65816

zim

Yup, have gotten that response, "Request not sent." Problem solved. I am sure that they get a lot of requests, reason for it taking so long.