Purchaseing a Wii without a pre-order...

Discussion in 'Games' started by smitty330, Oct 29, 2006.

1. smitty330 macrumors member

smitty330

Soooo, I do not know much about this but, I plan on going to a Best Buy or something similar like 3-4 hours before they open and just kinda start my own line to buy one. Does anyone know if this is a good or bad decision, if I could I would pre-order one I just cant find one anywhere. So I have called a couple of Best Buy that are near me and ask when they are going to open on the 19th, most of them said 8 am. But, one that I talked to said they were going to open at midnight. So, again I dont have much expierence in waiting for a release or whatever.

-Matt

2. Winstonp macrumors 6502a

Winstonp

Start your own line? You are poorly informed. Youll need to be there at least 24 hrs in advance to "start your own line".

I just waited 22 hours for the pre-order of the PS3 at toys R Us. They also had 18 Wii pre-orders. If you came less than 16 hours before opening, you didn't get a preorder.

3. mac000 macrumors 6502a

ya listen to this guy. it really depends where you live but u def. need to go earlier than 3-4 hours.

-damn 22 hrs, my gosh

4. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

22 hours? good god man...

All this pre-order business has really sapped my excitement for the new systems. The way stores are handling it is a little insane, I mean people are going to wait a day for a pre-order (which you aren't even guaranteed to get on launch day) while then stores that aren't doing them are going to have people waiting ANOTHER day to try and get one.

The more I hear about stores having like 5 PS3's and 10 Wii's makes me think I should just order a system online from Bestbuy/Futureshop/wherever and when it comes, it comes. Until then there are a lot of good games for 360 (*coughGOWcough*) and PS2 (*coughFFXIIcough*)that will keep me busy until I get a new toy.

5. Malus macrumors 6502

I was short changed at both gamestop and TRU. So no preorder for me...I'm thinkin of waiting at my local walmart the day of launch for the wii...or go to Kmart cause there are about 10 people who shop there and they are all grandmas and grandpas....So I'll probaby get one there opening day.....hopfully.