purchasing advise for the MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by baker101, May 31, 2006.

1. baker101 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I am about to purchase the laptop and have a few questions:

my first one is does it come with a mouse? if not, is it worth it to get a bluetooth wireless mouse? i really cant stand to use the track pad...

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

No.. it does not come with a mouse because it has the trackpad.
    As for whether the BT mouse if "worth it", only you can answer that one. If you need a mouse and don't want wires...

3. interlaced macrumors 6502a

interlaced

Like the post above, it depends on what you'd prefer. I have a BT mouse but personally, I don't like it. I'd rather use a wired mouse. However, many other people in the community may like the BT mouse. It's really up to you.

4. indigoflowAS macrumors 6502

indigoflowAS

when it comes to mice, they are useful depending on the situation. Surfing the web is fine w/ the trackpad while I would cry trying to work in Photoshop or Flash w/ a trackpad only. So it depends on the situation and you.:) I carry a mouse with me all the time just in the event I find myself in the situation where I need it.

Currently, I use a corded mouse, it gets me by...but I know a fella that has a BT mouse and he just pulls it out of his bag and it like connects seamlessly as soon as he turns it on. Look into it, Logitech and Microsoft mice are mighty nice.:)

5. FragTek macrumors 6502

I highly prefer using a mouse over the trackpad as well. I'm also not a fan of any type of wireless mouse, swapping the batteries is a PITA and they always die at the most inopportune time. Even having a rechargable mouse with a charging station annoys me... I don't mind wires so that's where I'm at.

Once the new MBP comes in I'm going to hook up my Logi G5 and see if it wants to play. I might also try hooking up my Logi G15 for ***** and giggles to see if it works.

6. baker101 thread starter macrumors newbie

hi all, thanks for the replies. i assume that most mice i buy are compatible with apple, not just the one apple sells?

another question. im pretty sure a mbp update with a little more power will be out soon, but does that mean you will be able to get a mbp + more power for the same cost of the current mbp?

7. Temujin macrumors 6502a

Temujin

Don't think so. The MBP has recently been bumped. Then again it all depends on your definition of soon.