Purchasing help

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Wano, Dec 9, 2002.

1. Wano macrumors 6502

I am saving up for an apple, but the question is if i will have enough money to get a good system. I was wondering if anyone knows anywhere that I can get a discount apple products, or if you or anyone you know who owns a store that sells apples would be willing to give me a discount to help me, as a student, to start my career in film production?

2. AssassinOfGates macrumors 6502

Wait until early January. Those iMac updates may be worth it. The powermac is also nice, but pricey. Apple has its own student discounts posted online.

3. Wano thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, I am not a college student yet, and I would much rather get a PowerMac bacuase the expansion would be great for video editing.

4. benixau macrumors 65816

benixau

same. an imac would have been great for me, 17" of glorious screen, BUT, i am going into audio engineering and looking at some of the digidesign gear. the best value for money has a pci card. so i had to spend the money and get a pmac. not that i regret it. an extra processor, they both are 67mhz faster than the imacs, and to top it all off, i o/c them to 1ghz, with the purchase of PC2700 memory from a pc retailer.

the memory cost less than the price differnece between my machine and the DP1ghz above it.

no need for big graphics. spent the spare cash on a SD upgrade and a 20GB HD upgrade at purchase time.