Purchasing Logic Studio

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by TheAdVenture, Jul 26, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

Hey guys! I recently purchased Logic Studio (Logic Pro 8) this past monday (20th), 4 days before the release/announcement of the new Logic studio.

My question is since I just bought it, do you think I can some how get the new one with out having to pay the 200 upgrade?

I am new to learning Logic so my other quesiton is, should i worry already about upgrading to the new version?

Thanks in advance!

2. macrumors G4

You are "new to learning Logic" but that will change shortly. You will want the new version eventually.

Apple many times are a 30 day policy where is the software s upgraeded within 30 dyas you get the new version ether free of for $9.95. Ask someone at Apple.

3. macrumors newbie

Adventure, I was in the same boat you arein. I purchased Logic Studio a week before the annoucemet. I called my local Apple store, and they told me that since it is Apple branded software, I could return it up to 15 days after my initial purchase or a full refund. Now I dont know if I just caught a manager on a good day, but he didn't even charge me a restocking/repackaging fee. Know this as well. I had already opened, installed and used the serial number for my Logic Studio on my computer, and they still took the return. Hope it will work out for you.

- Cameron

4. macrumors newbie

I'm going to buy Logic Pro 9 this week :) and my question is.
    Is it possible when I buy an new mac next year to install it on my new mac aswell?
    Sorry that i put it here, but I can't seem to find a way to post this as e new post..

Greetings William

5. macrumors member

Not sure if this has changed with Logic 9, but the policy with Logic 8 was that you can have it installed on two computers. If they're networked, it supposedly only allows you to use one computer at a time. So I don't think you'll have any problems...