Pure Music iPod....

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Sam*, Feb 27, 2006.

1. macrumors regular

Sam*

I would like to see just an iPod that plays my music...not to store my photos and videos just my music..

while thinking this i thought well surley this could save a bundle of weight and perhaps size due to less componments needed... or better still that space could be used for a bigger longer lasting battery...

Anyone else share this vison or is it just me wanting this

2. macrumors 65816

Glenn Wolsey

3. macrumors 6502a

There is one

Its called the iPod shuffle

4. thread starter macrumors regular

Sam*

Ok and one with a decent amount of storage and the 3G where is the weight loss and the good battery that i mentioned i would like to see:rolleyes:

5. macrumors 6502a

6. macrumors 604

zap2

could get 2nd gen Mini!

or a 60GB iPod 5G, and don't use the Pic/Video

7. macrumors 6502

Like most forum posters, I'm totally clueless about the topic I'm posting about. But it seems to me that the additional stuff needed to do photos and video would be maybe one chip and some supporting capacitors, or maybe with the new generation ones, they just built the new functions into the iPod's main chip. The rest is software, which doesn't weigh anything or take up any space.

So I think you wouldn't get anything back by stripping these features out. I don't use those features either (yet), but I'm glad they are there, because there is more incentive for Apple to put a really big hard disk into an iPod (and for consumers to pay more for it) if it can hold pics and video. That way I get to keep my whole 35GB-and-growing iTunes library on mine. And I still have several hundred CDs I haven't ripped yet.

Crikey