Purple Printing Blues

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by bsichran, Sep 1, 2003.

1. bsichran macrumors newbie

Jul 28, 2003
    I just bought an Epson StylusPhoto 900 printer, and blue is printing purple on my clam ibook. Anyone know how to calibrate the colors so blue prints blue?

This to me is the kicker: When I do a preview from the print window, it makes a preview pdf that opens in Preview. In that window, the blues are also purple! So I know it's a software issue.

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

Apr 24, 2003
    What program are you using? What mode are you printing in? (RGC or CMYK?) Color matching can be a very expensive process. If you are using something like Pagemaker/Quark/InDesign you can pick pantone colors off a color swatch book available at a local printer to make sure the color that looks purple on your screen really is telling the printer to print purple. If that doesn't work, try a couple different printers and see if it helps the problem. Getting color exact is one of those areas that even the pros have difficuly with.
  3. bsichran thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 28, 2003
    For now, I'm just printing in Word and Quark, and having the same problem with both. Again: Not only are blues printing purple on paper, but they show up as purple in the Print Manager print preview. It's really wierd, and I'd appreciate anyone's help.