push for the G5

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by OKComputer, Jun 10, 2002.

1. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

2. Grokgod macrumors 6502a

Grokgod

NO! not the G5 again. Where is the moderator this isnt allowed is it?
    I thought that G5 was outlawed punishable by ejection from the boards.

Isnt posting a G5 comment with a broken link a double faux pas.
    I think a reprimand is in order something in the realm of castration or at least a lashing.

Must ward off G5 negative energy waves. By saying magic words.

Oscar Wilde, Picasso, Ernest Hemingway, James Joyce, Aldous Huxley.
    With a little Hurley thrown in for appeal.

3. PCUser macrumors regular

4. Megaquad macrumors 6502a

don't you waych the rumors?!??!
    you're gonna see ppc 7500 next year and 7470 this year so shut up about damn G5's which may come somewhere in 2004 and wont be anything special because pc's in 2004 will kick every mac's ass!! get that?
    for a price of an iMac i can find 3x faster (if not faster) PC..but guess what,now i cannot stand windows and i am f*cked,so are you my friend

5. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Sheesh, you guys... :rolleyes:

Even though that article was about PC offerings, the title says it all. Apple needs to get their @$$ in gear (which I have a feeling they are, but to what degree?) From another angle, just the sheer technology advancements (.13 from .18) is amazing. Forget that it's a PC. Either way, eventually that technology will trickle down to us "lowly mac users". Right? Lighten up you guys. :)

6. Kid Red macrumors 65816

Yea, ok. We're all ****ed. Well, at least you are.

7. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

oh wel...

i like my slow @ss Ti550. who wants ALL that speed anyway? i personally like waiting 3 minutes for a Photoshop filter. it gives me time to think.

8. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

faster processors = more efficient space heaters

At the rate Intel is improving the thermal qualities of the P4s, the closer we come to the day a Wintel virus will start a CPU fire by turning off the processor fan.

Sometimes running slower and doing more work per clock cycle is a good thing when the CPU runs a lot cooler. Doesn't hurt when it also consumes fewer kilowatts at the same time.

9. spuncan macrumors 6502

Whoa whats w/ u all. OOh lets all get off topic and flame each other to gain self confidence in our nerdish selves. Truley guys I love a good argument but all u guys r doing is scream back and forth. Now I know all but 2 of u r newbs in my terms but come on why. Were all mac users we have acommon interest and we can disagree on things but not like this. As for the G5 it will come out @ mwny or @ mwsf due to the maximum speeds of the G4 and how all but one Mac is on the same chip which causes all kinds of rants and raves by the developing crowd. And as for AMD don't dis it. If the graphics applications were available for it like Apple it would be kickin ur dual 1ghz's ass especially after the opteron comes out. I hate to admit what I just said but with CPUand CPU the AMD is much better. This isn't saying that it's os is cuz Winblows is just ugh blech

10. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

Re: oh wel...

HUH? I have a Ti550, and have no problem running fat filters on 500DPI 11x17's. Are you running PS6 in Classic mode or something? Photoshop 7 runs great on my Ti

By the way, take back the slow *ss comment. They sure as f*ck are not slow *ss.

11. Grokgod macrumors 6502a

Grokgod

Wow my kind of thread!

Oohhh KAY!

Now this is a good thread filled with trashy mental retards spouting off nonsense and pretending its gold. Ohhh yea!
    Everyone sit close to me. So I can soak in the after glow of a totally unmoderated thread and stand unscathed!

Heeeyeaahhh! Ride that thread, boy.

~Megaquad
    You are one damn illiterate sob faced swine swigging simpleton.
    Heh, that felt good!

Its hard to decipher your post but that was half the fun.
    Trying to figure out foreign languages is a hobby of mine.
    Yet, your missive has defied analysis, from what I can construe.
    You are pissed off, because as you interpret it, the wintel boxes are gonna kick every Mac's A**, I got that.
    Yet, you go on to contradict yourself by stating that by owning these faster units you are F*cked! because they run windows.

OK so, lets recap!
    A: Your F*cked
    B: In the year 2004, windows will still suck at the speed of light on a WIntel box.

Excellent Dude!

12. Lynx macrumors newbie

G5 for next year

Hello,

It has been made clear by memcers of Apple France during the "professional Days" recently that G5 processors is being tested by Apple, Motorolla already delivers some processors to Apple, but as for the G4 it seems that Motorolla is just not able to start large production immediatly. The current estimated date to see the first G5 is Jan 2003 at the earliest, and it could just be an announcement, with real system powered with G5 available mid-2003.

here is the link : http://www.macbidouille.com/niouzcontenu.php?date=2002-06-06#2709
    For those not reading french (a few billions), there are also 2 additional information :
    - OSX jaguar will be released that summer (probably demoed durinf MacWorld in july) as well as OSX server jaguar
    - it seems that there will be a XServe version, that could be use as desktop computer, where the big ethernet card will be replaced by a more standard one, but the graphic card will be exchange to a better one (ATI 8500).
    That's all.

Regards

Eric