Putin Accuses Georgia of State-Sponsored Terrorism

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by skunk, Oct 1, 2006.

1. skunk macrumors G4

Jun 29, 2002
    Republic of Ukistan

See what happens when you start throwing words like "terrorism" around at every available opportunity?
  2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Dec 21, 2002
    Yahooville S.C.
    Putins been listening to Bush, just call anyone who doesnt agree with you a terrorist:rolleyes: I would like to know about these spying charges and what were these commies I mean russians doing? There is more to this story. I would like to know what cookie jar they had stuck their hands into these 4 russians.
  3. Ugg macrumors 68000

Apr 7, 2003
    Is it any surprise really? If it weren't the word terrorism, another, equally vapid one would take its place.
  4. zimv20 macrumors 601

Jul 18, 2002
    i like "kidnappers" or "abductors".
  5. solvs macrumors 603

Jun 25, 2002
    LaLaLand, CA
    It loses all meaning?

6. miloblithe macrumors 68020

Nov 14, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Just as it's easy to blandly call anyone you don't like a "terrorist," it's easy to call anyone you want to kick out of your country a "spy."

Why does Georgia want to join NATO?

Why did Georgia send a huge contingent of its troops to Iraq when it does not even have sufficient military strength to control what is generally recognized as its own territory?

Should Abkhazia, and for that matter South Ossetia and Ajaria, be controlled by the government in Tbilisi?

The war that gave Abkhazia defacto independence ended 13 years ago. Tensions have been rising dramatically, however, for the last year or so. Both Russia and Georgia have made provocative actions that have been effective in raising tensions, such Russia as banning the importation of Georgian wine, and Georgia moving troops to a pass near the border with Abkhazia which would be the most likely route for an invasion. Lost in all of this is the rights for self determination of the Abkhaz and other minority peoples in Georgia, and the suffering of the up to 250,000 ethnic Georgian refugees who fled Abkhazia and South Ossetia during the wars of the early 1990s. US and Russian power posturing doesn't help. In Russia's defense, their meddling has at least kept Georgians and Abkhazians from killing each other for 13 years. Of course, it's purely out of self-interest--both for keeping a strong hand in Georgia itself and in positioning Abkhazia either for Russia-dependant independence or for incorporation into the Russian Federation.
  7. miloblithe macrumors 68020

Nov 14, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Orders are now shoot to kill

8. bemylover macrumors regular

Jun 20, 2005
    This is not true. The large scale fighting was over before Russian peacekeepers got involved and guerilla fights never stopped, killing thousands for the last 13 years.

They could not stop even semi large scale fightings in 1998 and 2001. Their presence is purely symbolic.
  9. bemylover macrumors regular

Jun 20, 2005
    Here is the follow up to the story
    The sign says:
    Dear parents!
    Children of Georgian citizens may not study in this school after October 4, 2006.