Putting videos on iPod that are not in iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by bluedoggiant, Mar 28, 2009.

1. macrumors 68020

bluedoggiant

I know this has probably been asked a million times before, I tried searching but nothing useful came up.

I am asking, can I put videos on my iPod without affecting the rest of my library or screwing with itunes in anyway? Would Senuti do the job?

What I mean is that, I want videos on my iPod, that I do NOT want in iTunes.

2. macrumors member

Handbrake

3. macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

You want to copy videos directly to your iPod, without copying them to iTunes, right?

I guess there's a shortcut for that. Maybe ALT-drag the files to the iPod or CMD-drag. But I didn't try it out, I never use manual sync.

4. macrumors P6

DoFoT9

i take it that you are syncing your movies and songs automatically in iTunes?? hmm thats a hard one. dragging the file from the Finder into the library on your iPod works for me, but that is because i sync manually - donno what it will be like for you :confused:

5. macrumors member

Manually manage your iPod.

Import the video in iTunes, drag it into your iPod, than remove the video from iTunes.

6. macrumors P6

DoFoT9

it doesnt have to be put into itunes if you manage manually.

7. macrumors member

Yeah you're right, you can just drag the video immediately to your iPod. I kind of forgot that though :s