Puzzle Games You Enjoy

Discussion in 'Games' started by 2nyRiggz, Feb 17, 2006.

1. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I just picked up a copy of Exit for the PSP and its so fresh and original...i can't stop playing it.

Anbody into puzzles or games of this nature or any puzzle game for that matter?

Bless

2. Compatiblepoker macrumors regular

I'm addicted to all games I play. I used to play puzzle games a lot as well. Not so much anymore though.

Roger

3. macgeek2005 macrumors 65816

I just finished Half Life for the first time. I would say it's a puzzle game, and I enjoyed it very much.

4. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I wouldn't. :p By that rationale, pretty much every game ever made is a puzzle game, apart from possibly sports games - there is always some element of problem-solving involved, whether it's a FPS, RPG, RTS, you name it.

So although I don't argue that Half Life has some interesting obstacles to overcome, (just as Myst did, one of my favorite games), I don't think people would really classify it as a puzzle game first and foremost. ;)

I like Sudoku and crossword puzzles myself. On my Mac absolutely nothing beats Quinn. Now there's a classic puzzle game. :cool:

5. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I played Meteos, loved it, but haven't bought it yet.

6. jdechko macrumors 68040

I was gonna say Sudoku myself. I love that game.

7. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Yeah, it's addicting and challenging - I quite enjoy it.

The way I see it, your brain is just like any other muscle in your body - if you don't exercise it and keep it in shape, it will get weak and flabby. ;) And without your mind, not much else matters, so it's something I definitely put a priority on. :cool:

8. jdechko macrumors 68040

Oh definitely. I take a break from Sudoku on the weekends (at home), but come monday when I'm playing it, everything seems harder.

9. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Yeah, I know the feeling. I like keeping my mind fit as possible in that respect.

Oh yeah, along with myself playing Quinn, I have my wife hooked on Bejewled as well... ;) :D

10. aspro macrumors 6502

I used to play that for a couple of years, from beta. Very good game, mix of many different puzzles in a MMORPG game. Brings back memories

11. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I love puzzle games too. Wasn't that bowled over by Meteo's however. Lumines is far more enjoyable.

Fantavision on the ps2 is glorious. Tetris on GB classic. Columns on Megadrive devoured hours of my life.

12. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Lumines is very addictive, once i start playing it...it takes me a long time to put it down again. I try to stay away during weekdays.

Bless