Puzzle Pirates

Discussion in 'Games' started by mrgreen4242, Nov 22, 2005.

1. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Gar, so how many Puzzle Pirate players do there be here?

I played it once, a while ago when it was new, and didn't find it to be worth $10 a month, but I tried again recently when I read about the "new" Dubloon servers.

For those not in the know, you buy Dubloons with real money, about a quarter each, and you use those to buy access to certain things as you need them. the main games are free all the time, and all the games have free days of the week. For a few Dubloons you can buy access to the games at other times. You also need to use in game money and Dubloons to buy upgraded equipment. I figure you could play just about every day and have full access to everything in the game and have a little bit left over for buying items for well under $5 a month, which would be fine if you are not obsessed with constantly having new items.

Anyways, I've had tremendous fun with it so far! I bought $3 worth of Dubloons after the first couple days, and I think that will last me about a month (at the rate I am playing). I was wondering if anyone else plays? What crew are you on? Wanna duel? ;-)

Also, I can't seem to figure out if the cloths in the game are purely cosmetic or if they effect the gameplay like swords do?

2. mrgreen4242 thread starter macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Wow, not a ingle Puzzle Pirates player?! You guys should check this game out, it's loads of fun. :)

3. Golden_315 macrumors member

Yeah I used to play this. I played on the viridian ocean. I even had my own crew but I stopped for awhiule. But no I statred again on the Sage ocean.

We should make a MacRumors crew. Cmon try the game it's free and really fun. You don't even need to pay for dubloons you can buy them in game with ingame money!

My name is Rictus on the Sage ocean.

4. Omad0n macrumors regular

I too playu

but i"m on the midnight ocean. Feel free to look me up as my in game name is the same as here. Come on all, it's tons of fun.