PvP Tickin' Me Off Sometimes... You?

Discussion in 'Games' started by bobber205, Jan 15, 2007.

1. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

God. Blizzard needs to worry less about the "honor" system and get matches in PvP battlefields, especially at lower levels, to be more fair.

I know most of you have heard of "twinking": when players buying sometimes online gold and get the best possible weapons that can be used at 19 and murder all of us players with "lives".

I don't have any idea on what would be a good idea. Maybe like some kind of "skill" matching like Halo does?

Comment. :D

2. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

That really doesn't bother me. What bothers me is ganking. That pisses me off. As for the online gold, why are they so willing to spend REAL money for that stuff? It's not as if you can't go into certain areas and get like 20 copper per kill and just rack up on experience points while you're at it?

3. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

I'm a 23 mage and I A) don't understand PvP and B) don't like to play it because the Horde always wins and I always get my ass kicked by lvl 28 and 29s...I don't know, can someone explain the whole honor thing to me?

4. madog macrumors 65816

madog

Big post, but save ya the trouble of clicking.

"Twinking", as they call it, is something people do once they get bored of their level 60 character. It's more of a natural evolution of the way of life in WoW.

When you're either tired of playing your lvl 60 or waiting for a guild raid later in the session, one creates a "Twink". Trust me, almost everyone goes through it and there are ones who complain about it and throse who contribute towards it and realize how über it is to pwn in bgs!!!!oneone11!

edit: Oh, and by the by if you didn't realize it yet the horde rox0rs.

5. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

Learn to raid.

My Naxx chest is doing me wonders in BGs.

6. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

Hmm, that's true, I got an Honorable kill for participating in killing a Horde lvl 60...and I was lvl 19 at the time. That was fun.

7. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Yeah... 'cause that helps at level 19.

Most Twinks are not people that bought gold off eBay. They have a level 60 and have been accruing gold with nothing to do with it. So they make a tricked out low level player to play in the battlegrounds. It didn't really bother me too much when leveling up. I figure it's just a game ya know?

Although one thing that kinda sucks is that level ?9 gear tends to be expensive. I usually made a point to regear around level ?3 or so. I don't think it's much worth changing gear except every 10 levels anyway.

8. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

You receive honor for killing the opposite faction and for accomplishing goals in the battlegrounds. The honor points can be spent (similar to money) along with battlegrounds marks (you earn them in battlegrounds games) to buy some really nice equipment.

If you are only just starting and are level 23, reroll as a horde character now. Because it's a ratio of almost 3:1 active alliance players to horde players on many servers, the alliance generally has to wait in battleground queues for as long as 45 minutes while the horde doesn't have to wait. Most people who rolled alliance don't consider this when they start but they regret it later on after they have put a lot of time into their alliance character.