PwrBk PIXEL!! AHH

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Sabre252, Aug 29, 2003.

1. Sabre252 macrumors newbie

hey all,

I received my powerbook as a gift from my parents about 3 months ago, and its been great ever since i got it, iTunes, Office X etc. perfect, i'm using it to school and it took the summer well, and i forsee nothing wrong with it taking the school year well either. HOWEVER, i was doing a spot of Java programming the other day, when i realized i had a dreaded DEAD PIXEL, i dont know how long its been there but its been driving me crazy, its bright FRIGGING RED, and i cant keep my eyes off of it, will Apple fix this if i bring it into a store? (i have the warrenty, and applecare)

I know the number of dead pixels that are required to be dead before a "replace varies" but from my experiances apple has always been very good

any ideas? -- if theres anyway to get rid of this pixel short of lugging an external monitor with me to class, i'll do it!

thanks ALOT

-- Sabre252

PS -- remember this was a gift, i personally am broke, so keep the solutions as low cost as possible please! (i'm sure there are many like me)

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Try gently rubbing the area, it can sometimes wake stuck pixels. Otherwise, learn to live with it, it's just one dead pixel, and apple will most certainly not replace it.

pnw

3. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

If massaging it doesn't work, you could always take it to an Apple Store if you have one nearby. Their official policy says your basically out of luck, but I've found Apple to be very helpful. It's at least worth a shot.

4. Sabre252 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok

ohhhk,

so i'm gussing that apple really wont reaplce it which is understandable, and i tried the "massaging" and it didnt really work, do theese things ever fade away or come "back to life?"

Thanks again for all the help
    -- Sabre252

5. Independence macrumors regular

my old 1994 IBM Thinkpad 755CE has a few dead pixels that glow green. but i find i barely notice them.

6. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Out of a million+ pixels on your screen its not bad for just one to get stuck....I think its part of having an LCD....

7. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Sorry for the second post but.....Think about how many stuck pixels this guy must get:

8. Sabre252 thread starter macrumors newbie

wow

Hey

ya, that guys gotta get a TON of dead pixels, i guess this thread is pointless, but this is my first mac and my second laptop (first one the screen died) SOOO i'm paranoid! i cant stand anything going wrong with the screen! (and i love my mac, the thought of anythin hapinin to it is almost painful since their so much better than windows)

-- Thanks again everyone

Sabre252

PS my gf got a new dell with LCD flatscreen monitor and it (outa tha box) came with 3 dead pixels, i had 3 months of all pixel use, it could be worse :-D