Q about Adobe Acrobat Reader on Windows (and Keynote, sorta).

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ravenvii, Apr 4, 2005.

1. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I made this nice presentation in Keynote. No transitions or anything. I tried to export to .ppt, but it messed things up a bit. So I decided to try .pdf. Exported perfectly... but on Windows, I don't know how to get it to enter full screen. How do I do this? Is this even possible?

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Try Ctrl-L or whatever it is on a PC.

It's Apple-L on the Mac.

Edit: Hit 'esc' to exit full-screen mode.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It is indeed Ctrl-L, and it's also the first option in the View menu, at least on my lab Win PC (that's Acro Reader 5.0....)

4. ravenvii thread starter macrumors 604

ravenvii

Thanks! Works just like you said.

In my defense though, I opened the PDF in Internet Explorer, and there isn't any view menu. ctrl+l doesn't work either, gotta download the pdf to disk, and open it in acrobat reader itself.

Thanks.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Don't feel too bad. At a workshop in January, I saw someone run a presentation from Acrobat, and I swear I had never noticed it had a full screen mode or thought of doing this until I saw it. It was a stats conference and there were a bunch of Linux users there. It seems like there ought to be a "You know you're a geek when..." joke that uses "you write your presentations in LaTeX instead of Powerpoint." :D

OTOH, with powerpoint, you can right click and go full screen right from inside MSIE.... :eek: