Q: are podcasts available in the Wi-Fi Store?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by isoS, Sep 5, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

And the inevitable follow-up:

Why not?

2. macrumors 601

ftaok

I would doubt that podcast would be available at the wi-fi iTMS. I would think that Starbucks wouldn't want you using their bandwidth to download free material. It's one thing if you're buying songs (of which I am assuming that they get a cut), but it's just bad business to allow dl'ing of podcasts.

Of course, if you buy a big cup of coffee ....

ft

3. macrumors 65816

Forgive me because I'm not a coffee drinker, but I thought starbucks wifi was free for all customers anyway?

4. macrumors 6502a

timswim78

Nope, you gotta pay to play at the bucks.

5. macrumors 68030

iPhil

more coffee ITMS info linky

6. macrumors 6502

I would imagine that AUDIO podcasts will be available but probably not VIDEO podcasts, as no other videos were touted as being downloadable.

7. macrumors 68030

nbs2

Which is one thing to consider when the special Starbucks button appears. But, the WiFi store is available anywhere you have a WiFi connection (or, I assume, EDGE on the iPhone). I really can't think of a reason to not include Podcasts.

On a side note, with the number of Starbucks in downtown Seattle, that fifth button may as well be permanent there...

8. macrumors 601

ftaok

You know what ... you're right. I must have blazed through the OP's post and inserted Starbucks as I was reading it. You see, the whole Apple/Starbuck/iTMS connection is working already. :D

Anyways, perhaps you're right and that podcasts would be available on the wifi-iTMS. Maybe Starbucks will realize that iPhone/iPodtouch owners would drink more coffee if they're in the building surfing and iTMSing.

ft

9. macrumors 6502a

kristoffer4

So can you get audio podcasts on the wifi intunes store?:)