Q Emulation.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sulhaq, Jul 29, 2006.

1. sulhaq macrumors regular

sulhaq

Hey guys does anyone know or has used the Q Emulator to Emulate windows on your mac?

If you have can you please tell me if it runs smooth or am I better off using bootcamp? My primary concern is installing electrical software like PSpice for college and using HyperTerminal to communicate with my Microprocessor board.

Also is there an alternate to PSpice that can run natively on the Mac OS X? Also a possible alternative to HyperTerminal.

Thanks!

2. Steve1496 macrumors 6502a

Steve1496

Q is an emulator, emulating x86. Q was originally intended for use on PowerPC Macs as a free alternative to Virtual PC. Since your mac is an intel, x86 chip already it will run slow. Until the virtualizer for Q is done, then I would either use Parallels or Boot Camp. However, if you're using a virtualizer I do not think software that communicates directly with the board will work or is a good idea. Therefore, boot camp is probably your best bet.

Steve

3. sulhaq thread starter macrumors regular

sulhaq

I think there is a Universal Beta out on the Q website. I just wanted to know if anyone tried it out on the new intel macs and how it runs if they have.

4. Steve1496 macrumors 6502a

Steve1496

Correct it is universal but still an emulator. The Virtualizer is still being developed.