Q: for Timbuk2 owners!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Chuck, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Chuck macrumors regular

My PB 17 is arriving on Monday so I've got to order my case today...

The Timbuk2 website only shows an illustration of the sleeve and I can't see any detail at all.... Can you tell me:

- Does it have that 'sling' feature that the Tom Bihn Monolith has to protect it?
    - How does the top close over to protect it say if it started raining whilst carrying it?
    - Are there any pockets for carrying anything else?
    - Can you use a shoulder strap with it?
    - Would you highly recommend it?

Thanks, if you could reply really soon I'd TRULY appreciate it.

Chuck.

2. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

I own the TimBuk2 sleeve for my iBook, and I would highly recommend it. But, I should mention that I stick the sleeve into my messenger bag to carry my iBook around.

The sleeve does not have a sling, only two handles at the top to carry it in your hands. You can not use a shoulder strap with it.

There is no lid to cover the top and protect it from rain. A little stap simply locks the machine in place.

There are no pockets, only the place for the laptop to slip in and sleep comfortabley.

I'll try to take some picks and upload them to my .Mac site. I'll repost if I do.

3. janey macrumors 603

janey

i'd recommend timbuk2 to anyone...if their products can handle the rough treatment i give them every single day they're very very good ;)
    i used to go through new laptop bags/backpacks for school every couple of weeks (or months) because i'd find some fault with them or they weren't strong enough. My Timbuk2 bag that i got at macworld this year hasn't given me any trouble so far, except that sometimes i'd lose things in it ;)
    crumpler also has good bags too but i just got mine, didn't get much of a chance to try it out

4. Chuck thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the pics!

I like the look of it, but I guess it's not really what I'm needing... I just want one bag, and as such it needs to protect the top, have a pocket, and a shoulder strap would be nice (so I can carry whilst pushing the stroller).

Thanks again! You've greatly helped me to narrow my decision down...
    Chuck.