Q Re: Drop-down menus on web forms

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mpw, Apr 23, 2005.

1. mpw Guest

Jun 18, 2004
    A lot of forms on websites asking for address details have drop-down menus for choosing your country.

Now I know this list is always going to be roughly the same but is it included in web-site creation software or created site by site?

I only ask because Jersey or the Channel Islands is never an option but The Marshal Islands and Cook Island sometimes crop up.

I don't like having to put my address as UK but that's usually my only option.
  2. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

Oct 15, 2003
    The soggy side of the Pacific NW
    Even if it's auto-generated by a program like Dreamweaver it is still editable. So they are guilty of blatant anti-Jersey descrimination. :D

It's probably more a matter of what shopping-cart software they are running (although still it would be editable).
  3. mpw thread starter Guest

Jun 18, 2004
    Figures, probably the same people who can't be bothered to check their websites work fully in Safari!
  4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    I smell a conspiracy! :eek: So I googled "internet explorer" Jersey conspiracy, and I found a page operated by "The Invisible Republic Jersey Webring." Clearly, someone somewhere is trying to hide from something or someone! Something's rotten in the state of Jersey, I tell you! :eek: ;) :D