QemuX - Qemu with QemuX frontend

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by slooksterPSV, Jun 8, 2005.

1. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

Ok, since I've done this before - I did a PearPC clipshots of what it said the processor was etc. Well, I've now done this on a Mac of what Windows XP shows. The results are very surprising - see pic:

Pentium II - 33MHz???
    Took me 3 hours to install XP
    Took me 20 minutes to start up
    Took me 5 minutes to load System Properties and DXDiag

Attached Files:

2. witness macrumors 6502

I've been trying to get Qemu working for a while now. First time round I couldn't get it to compile, but then I found a binary here which seems to work.

The only problem is that the function keys and esc key do no seem to register, so when I try to install Win2k and get to the bit where it says press F8 to continue, I can't press F8, when I press it nothing happens, so I can't go any further :(

Has anyone else had this problem, is there a way to get around it?

3. brap macrumors 68000

Yes. For the life of me, though, I can't remember how I got past!

That wasn't very helpful, was it... :eek:

4. witness macrumors 6502

If you ever remember, please let me know. I've spent a long time on Google and there doesn't seem to be any one out there with this problem (or at least they are not writing about it).

5. 7on macrumors 601

7on

6. witness macrumors 6502

Perhaps, but VPC networking doesn't work with Tiger.

7. slooksterPSV thread starter macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

:eek: :mad: :eek: NOOOOOOOOO... oh well, I don't have a Mac fast enough to run it. At least I have a Win box to test the things i want to, like the ZFGC.com forums, others are making Zelda games that work only on PC =(, and I try the Zelda games out and that.

8. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

This is absolutely not true. VPC networking most definitely works in Tiger.

9. witness macrumors 6502

Well perhaps you haven't tried it, the virtual switch throws an error every time you start up. Microsoft have acknowledged the fault and are apparently working on a fix.

10. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

There, there. The big bad error message scared you? Use Shared Networking.... Ignore the error message. It's not going to bite. VPC networking works fine.

11. witness macrumors 6502

If you're using your VPC for browsing the internet, then that is fine, but if you want to connect to the virtual machine from other computers you’ll soon find that you can't.

Without the virtual switch, you are effectively getting NAT with no externally visible IP address, you need the virtual switch to get an addressable IP address.

12. kberg macrumors newbie

Hi
    I'm the Maintainer of QEMU for OS X. The package You find at http://www.kberg.ch/qemu reflects the actual CVS of the cococa Version of QEMU which has many patches not merged. If You want more functionality either use QemuX or the further developped version of cocoa QEMU 'Q' at http://www.kberg.ch/q.

have Fun

Mike

13. witness macrumors 6502

Thanks Mike,

That Q app works really well (and worked first time!), seems to be much better than QemuX.

I have Windows installing right now and the F keys are working :)